Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT guys! Show me your rockers!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Can anyone post pictures of where your flares and rockers meet, both front and back?
PanelBilly
I second that request. I'm especially interested in any that were made from steel.
gothspeed
Since I am getting ready to build a gt, I would like to see some pics also!! smoke.gif
degreeoff
best I have on hand

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif best I have
So.Cal.914
Not my car, I met this guy at marks (euro911) he has a bodyshop in San Diego county. I know he really worked hard on this car to make it perfect. The body color painted rockers seam easier to see.

So.Cal.914
dos mas

RiqueMar
LOOOOOOOOOVE all those cars.

Does anyone have any close-ups of where the flaring of both the fender and rocker meet? I'm working on that right now, and need to decide whether I'm going to "indent" the rocker a bit, or whether go flush as if it is continuing.
So.Cal.914
The best I could cook up.

Click to view attachment
kconway
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 30 2009, 08:14 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Paul,
is there a spacer there at the end of the rocker?
RiqueMar
Yeah! That's what I'm looking for!

Chappy! Where are you! Need help!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(kconway @ Mar 30 2009, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 30 2009, 08:14 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Paul,
is there a spacer there at the end of the rocker?

Yes, Stock it was a bolt/nut and a rubber "donut" for lack of a better term. One on the front and one in the rear.
iamchappy
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Mar 30 2009, 12:36 PM) *

My rockers fit a little different do to the outer long Mayer install, I had to do some fabricating on the top edge angle as they dont
angle in as much as those without the Mayer kit.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 30 2009, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Mar 30 2009, 12:36 PM) *

My rockers fit a little different do to the outer long Mayer install, I had to do some fabricating on the top edge angle as they dont
angle in as much as those without the Mayer kit.

Thanks! piratenanner.gif

It looks like they are flush with the flares?
iamchappy
I have a little rubber donut installed between the rocker and body as well, i had to lengthen and use filler to match my rockers to the flares.
gothspeed
This thread is awesome!!!!! Love all those GT flares w00t.gif !!!!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 30 2009, 02:15 PM) *

I have a little rubber donut installed between the rocker and body as well, i had to lengthen and use filler to match my rockers to the flares.

I'm trying to decide between that or having them recessed a bit, almost as if they are an inch in.
jim912928
hmmm...i wonder if the bumper extensions (fromt or rear) from a 911 (SC etc.) would match up with the flair..graft them in...steel!
dakotaewing
These are pics of Clay Perrines car -
These rockers are steel, and hand made...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.