Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What will $8,000 get me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Panamericana
I am a new member looking for my first 914. Prices and condition appear to be all over the map. What should I reasonably expect to get for $8,000 on the continuum from project to perfect? confused24.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Panamericana @ Mar 29 2009, 07:09 PM) *

I am a new member looking for my first 914. Prices and condition appear to be all over the map. What should I reasonably expect to get for $8,000 on the continuum from project to perfect? confused24.gif

I would think you should get a very clean, mechanically sound /4 for that price. $8k is a nice budget.
lotus_65
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 29 2009, 09:19 PM) *

I would think you should get a very clean, mechanically sound /4 for that price. $8k is a nice budget.

agree.gif

&
welcome.png

boxstr
$7500 USD will get you this.
JeffBowlsby
The owner of this car (not me) is asking $8K.

See the Registry here for details:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_canam/

biggrin.gif
Sleepin
Wow, I would be bummed to see Ron get rid of his Creamsicle. The car has such a unique story. For one of the 914's that is rarer than a six, $8000 is a hell of a deal. Having seen and cruised with this particular car...it is stealing it.
dbgriffith75
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 29 2009, 09:19 PM) *

agree.gif and welcome.png

8k is a great budget on a teener. Whether you wanted to buy one in good condition or one to restore yourself, you've got room to work with.
johnnie5
This car would definitely be worth a look for $7500...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1089294130.html

Oh, and... welcome.png
jcambo7
welcome.png Thats a great budget to start with. Just keep looking till you find the one you want. The people here r always willing to help you look for one and give you plenty of advice as you can all ready tell.
sean_v8_914
Holy cow, thats Harrys car! that car is dialed in so nice, smooth and well balanced with everything replaced new. teh only thing it needs is paint although it presents well as is. even the hell hole is perfect
sean_v8_914
gf
6freak
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Mar 29 2009, 09:07 PM) *

Wow, I would be bummed to see Ron get rid of his Creamsicle. The car has such a unique story. For one of the 914's that is rarer than a six, $8000 is a hell of a deal. Having seen and cruised with this particular car...it is stealing it.

What makes it more rare??
gothspeed
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 29 2009, 08:31 PM) *

The owner of this car (not me) is asking $8K.

See the Registry here for details:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_canam/

biggrin.gif
I had one just like that with scheel seats and dealer installed A/C that actually worked smile.gif ........... though mine had a duck tail ....

QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 30 2009, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Mar 29 2009, 09:07 PM) *

They made

They made a lot less of them than the 914-6 ..... smile.gif
carr914
[/quote]They made a lot less of them than the 914-6 ..... smile.gif
[/quote]

I keep seeing that "they made less Can-Ams than 914-6's" that is why they are rarer. That is so lame. They're ugly and only so many people could stomach them.

I mean they only made One Sahara Beige 914 and Steve's is super nice, but that doe's not make it a $200,000 car.

Get Real - Sixes Rule, Fours droul drooley.gif

T.C.
gothspeed
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 30 2009, 03:57 PM) *

I keep seeing that "they made less Can-Ams than 914-6's" that is why they are rarer. That is so lame. They're ugly and only so many people could stomach them.

I mean they only made One Sahara Beige 914 and Steve's is super nice, but that doe's not make it a $200,000 car.

Get Real - Sixes Rule, Fours droul

T.C.
No one said the clown cars were "better" or "worth more" than a six ....... only more "rare" .................. huh.gif ................ and yes, sixes do not drool .............. smile.gif
jc914
welcome.png
Panamericana
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Mar 30 2009, 12:31 PM) *

welcome.png Thats a great budget to start with. Just keep looking till you find the one you want. The people here r always willing to help you look for one and give you plenty of advice as you can all ready tell.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Harry's car is very inspiring (especially the video)!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.