Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would YOU do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
The 356 was in need of trans rebuild....too many Mikey burnouts with higher than stock HP.... smile.gif

I was in the middle of building a new garage and a 914/6 conversion and there was NO place to do the tear down on the 356 at MY house.

So....it went to a shop of a racer I knew that did Beemers and TypeIVs.....we pulled the trans and engine, I did the spider gears and took the top end off and found some leaky valves...... re did the heads and then I went about the garage thing and the 914/6 wrap up.

Since then, the wrench has done pretty much NOTHING....he has recently re-acquired the drinking and marching powder habit and my stuff is strewn about the shop.....

I plan on just yanking everything out of there once I can get him to finish bolting the trans in and getting it on four wheels again.....

what would YOU do?
seanery
I'm not a fan of the powder and wouldn't want my stuff worked on in that kind of state. Yank it at your first opportunity.
brant
yeah... I'd be worried too.
I've heard rumors about some of the drug laws which allow the authorities to claim any and everything in the offenders posession...

I know that would be a long shot... but I'd hate to loose a car over it.

brant
MJHanna
or pieces of it to support the habit icon8.gif
seanery
When I moved to LA, I bought a boat that was owned by heroin junkies previously. Man, they sold everything they possibly could offf that boat!
tat2dphreak
go get your stuff now man!!! if you owe him anything, pay him and get your stuff away from him.
nebreitling
i agree with the general tone here. get your stuff out ASAP -- even if it's not done and you've already paid or it's in pieces or whatever. you should be less worried about him mis-building your tranny and more worried about him selling it. my experience has taught me that addicts are NOT in control of themselves. even if they are a 'good guy', even if they are your best friend. all that they can hear is the the addiction, it is overpowering.

it's a terribly sad thing and nobody wins, but you can at least cut your losses now. my 2cents.
StratPlayer
I let a powder head paint a 70 barracuda I was restoring,,, what a diaster that turned out to be. Needless to say the car had to be repainted by someone else.. worthless piece of shit. I didn't know the guy was a powder head until after the fact.
DuckRyder
GO GET IT NOW!!!

If you have to take a trailer or a rollback, don't let the sun set one more night on the car at his shop.

After you get your shit out of there, if the guy is a friend, drag him to a meeting or call the cops on him, he might hate you forever, but he'll be better off for it.
rick 918-S
Nothing worse than a business with official yellow tape and paddle locks on the doors when your stuff is in the building.... headbang.gif
redtiny914
WOW.....

You should get it out there as soon as you can....He might sell it for some more powder for his nose..... ohmy.gif If he runs out and gets desperate...... ohmy.gif
Bruce Allert
agree.gif with all said. Git yer stuff
then tell him to pissoff.gif

.........b
campbellcj
Pay him off for anything that was legitimately done and be damned sure to get a receipt marked "paid in full". Last thing you want is a cokehead coming after you when the cash runs out... Then grab yur stuff n' run...

We had a fairly similar situation long ago -- our wedding photographer turned out to be a coke fiend. He essentially disappeared off the face of the earth shortly after our wedding...before we got our pics. It took a year to get them, from his ex-partner who was a sober, nice guy stuck in the middle fighting off the irate customers.

The damndest thing was -- the cokehead was a better shooter than his sober partner blink.gif
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Feb 26 2004, 05:29 PM)
GO GET IT NOW!!!

If you have to take a trailer or a rollback, don't let the sun set one more night on the car at his shop.

After you get your shit out of there, if the guy is a friend, drag him to a meeting or call the cops on him, he might hate you forever, but he'll be better off for it.

While I agree on two points:

1.\Get your stuff out now
2.\Have a friend to friend talk if the relationship is that close.

However under no circumstance get the fuzz involved. His habit is no ones business, thats his monkey. Quite frankly some people who get strung out on that shit can get a little violent, especially if they think someone narc'd them out. Just grab your trash and distance yourself rikki-tik.
Freedom
Im there with you get your stuff, and dontinvolve the cops... unless the guydoessomthing to YOU. get your stuff i had a family member that was strug out and he was selling my Vdub parts out of the garage, for little of what they were worth.

peace.
Brad Roberts
OK. Let me get this strait. If I start using powder people will come and get all this crap out of the shop ??? LOL

Sounds like a fast way to get this shop cleaned up.

B
TheCabinetmaker
No Brad. They won't come get their stuff. Your already an asshole! laugh.gif

First hand experience. I've been coke free for 25 years. The addiction was there and it was real. I kept 90% stuff for my personal stash. I was the worlds biggest asshole(bigger than Brad ever thought about). All I thought about was filling my nose. I never went anywhere without a pistol in my belt( I still don't, but I do it leagally now). My attitude was" fuck with me or my shit and I'll blow your fucking head off". Life is much simpler now.

Mike, use your good judgment. remove your possesions with as little conflict as possible, and move on.

Peace
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.