Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dw914er
Well, it was a great event. I think I was the only teener from the world there, though there was a NARP guy there...

fun event... only major problem I had is my Starter died when I was about to go back home. anyways...

An Aston Martin
IPB Image
IPB Image

old MG
IPB Image

old Jag

IPB Image

one of the old vettes

IPB Image

a few Datsuns

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

and the Alfa... love this car btw

IPB Image
IPB Image
dw914er
some 2002s

IPB Image
IPB Image

old volvo
IPB Image

and a Beautiful Mercedes
IPB Image
IPB Image

There were a few old mustangs ( one of the gt 350's)
IPB Image
dw914er
a ferrari

IPB Image

and alot of Porsches

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Millerwelds
Sweet. Good turn out. I will be adding this to my must do list. Looks like a handfull of 914's showed up. Thanks for adding the pictures and inspiration for next year!
dw914er
and a few 914s (I was the only 914-4)

Don's 3.2 914-6
IPB Image

some guys 914-6
IPB Image

Martin's 914-6
IPB Image

Mark B's (from GPR) Maroon 914-4 made an appearance
IPB Image

The Disorganizers 914-6
IPB Image

and mine smile.gif

IPB Image
dw914er
some of the views I got

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

fort Hunter Ligget
IPB Image
IPB Image

the mission
IPB Image

IPB Image
dw914er
and for any 914 event

Jackstands

IPB Image

smile.gif

(clutch cable went out in the Parking lot... im sure alot of us have been there)

BTW... this wasn't some easy breezy cruise through California... this was some very spirited driving on some awesome roads... And I loved it

there were also more cars, but these were some of the better photos (ie, some more BMW's, some nice RHD mini's)
dw914er
Enjoy smile.gif

I def recommend going to this. I had a blast, and besides for starter going out, my car ran perfectly for the 1200 miles I put on it in the two days. Though I need an alignment, but it will be bac in action for WCR smile.gif)
7TPorsh
I guess you guys and the Ferrari were the only true "Targas"...
7TPorsh
oops, looks like the 308 is a hardtop..
dw914er
There was also a Targa 911... but yea, targa california wasn't really a targa event
Gustl
that's a couple of really cool photos smilie_pokal.gif

thanks for sharing thumb3d.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
bandjoey
Thanks for the great pix's at HARDTOP CALIFORNIA. The 914's really look cool in with all the other cars. Is itequired to put a 914 on jackstands when at car events? lol-2.gif Really, sorry for the bad luck and thanks for the pix's. Bill
dw914er
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 30 2009, 09:38 PM) *

Thanks for the great pix's at HARDTOP CALIFORNIA. The 914's really look cool in with all the other cars. Is itequired to put a 914 on jackstands when at car events? lol-2.gif Really, sorry for the bad luck and thanks for the pix's. Bill

I guess he works at a Porsche shop so he knew exactly how to fix his car...

As for me I got the parts from GPR so my car will be good to go whenever I replace the starter
Dr. Roger
careful taking pics at liggett.... a MP almost confiscated my moms camera doing the same thing.

those are killer roads.... man! nice pics. thanks.
SLITS
The "Disorganizer" is Dave (and I'm not going to try to spell his last name). He owns TRE Motorsports ...well known Porsche shop. He should have been really quick thru the twisties in his six.
KELTY360
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 31 2009, 06:55 AM) *

The "Disorganizer" is Dave (and I'm not going to try to spell his last name). He owns TRE Motorsports ...well known Porsche shop. He should have been really quick thru the twisties in his six.

That car is known as the Evil Cockroach and has a long history dating back to the days of clandestine racing on Mulholland Dr in the hills above LA. For a loooong, fascinating read about that racing scene, try this thread:

Mulholland Tales
ssstikircr
beer.gif Thanks for the pics.... looks like you had a nice assortment of cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.