Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S: 1971 ROLLER - AKA - BLACKSABBATH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jwalters
For sale to a good home: My beloved 1971 914, BlackSabbath.

Recovering from 5 Hurricanes and three job changes over the last few years has taken its toll on myself. I have finally resolved I cannot put her back on the road.

Here is what she is lacking:

The engine, crossbar and mounts.

The front hood was badly damaged from hurricane bitch (Wilma) and the rear decklid took a beating, but can be smoothed out.

She still has the reworked Cookie cutters with brand new Fuzion radials. Before the job losses and hurricanes I put a total of about 1500 miles on her. With the exception of the hurricane damage, the tub is good and more importantly, all that running gear which I meticulously rebuilt by hand is perfect and intact. For the someone who wants to be able to transfer all brand new equipment either from her onto another car, or a good engine and assorted bits onto Blackie is a win-win combination. She still has the porsche logo side sills and a brand new front targa seal. Every seal on the car is new also.

It will take minimal body work to make the tub good as new.

I am taking pics of all the spares I have and will upload them as I am able to.

I am now located in the Huntsville, AL [color=#FF0000]area and the car is located at Huntsville INTL airport for anyone wanting to see it.

Has Engman foot board (drilled aluminum)

I am willing to sacrifice for 3000 OBO.
jwalters
More pics
jwalters
This was the car I posted about long ago.

This is the car I stripped to nothing and baking soda blasted the whole thing.
jwalters
Factory front and rear sway bars.

140lb Progressive rear coils.

Reinforced rear swingarms.

Every suspension bushing new.

Every bearing new.

Have large calipers from BMW for conversion.

Have alot of body moldings and interior stuff as well.

Has Turbo Tie rods as well.
john grier
I remember this car I thought it went to a happy home 2 years ago!
Lots of happy campers in Huntsville now maybe they will chime in.
chefben63075
pm sent
914seanw
want to trade for 94 toyota 2wd v6 auto truck extra cab in good shape will deliver truck and pick up 914 ? Truck worth $3000-$4000 can send picts Thanks Sean
jwalters
To everyone who has been PM'ing me and emailing me I want to apologise for not getting the pics up faster. I am working two jobs full time right now and over the last two days I just could not do it.

I am making time today to go and take the pics you want to see. They should be posted no later than 8pm central time tonight.

Thanks again to all those who have inquired.

Jon
jwalters
QUOTE(914seanw @ Mar 31 2009, 10:51 PM) *

want to trade for 94 toyota 2wd v6 auto truck extra cab in good shape will deliver truck and pick up 914 ? Truck worth $3000-$4000 can send picts Thanks Sean

Thank you Sean for your offer. I will have to decline, as another vehicle is not what I need.

Jon
jwalters
I have had numerous requests to see the damaged hood. I have included some others. As I have mentioned, the bodywork is minimal. In the other pics are some of the spare stuff that goes with it all. I have a ton of electrical items, switches, gizmos. All those things which can come in handy when needed.

Click to view attachment

jwalters
Another shot - sorry about the sizing and pics - had to use my phone to capture the images.

Click to view attachment
jwalters
The entire car is gloss black, so it is hard to discern the problem areas. You have to dissect the apparent waviness.

Click to view attachment
The hood is trashed. It will close but is not safe to drive with.
jwalters
Just some of the spares
jwalters
DEAL PENDING!!
jwalters
SOLD!

All you tire kickers lost out on one hell of a deal!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.