Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rusty door jamb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
corvette6698512
The door jambs on my 914 are very rusty. Someone just sprayed some paint over it to cover it up. I removed the vinyl right behind the doors, just to reveal a very awesome strip of rotten steel. I cut out the rust and replaced it there, but i dont know how i would do the door jambs. Any ideas?
dlo914
Show us a picture of the rusted door jam. The easiest way would probably be find a replacement piece to weld back in.
bdstone914
QUOTE(corvette6698512 @ Mar 30 2009, 10:00 PM) *

The door jambs on my 914 are very rusty. Someone just sprayed some paint over it to cover it up. I removed the vinyl right behind the doors, just to reveal a very awesome strip of rotten steel. I cut out the rust and replaced it there, but i dont know how i would do the door jambs. Any ideas?

We have a couple of cars that are getting cut up that have good door jams. Get some pictures and will see it we can help you with the metal you will need.
Please email to bdstone914@aol.com
Bruce
corvette6698512
I'll get some pics later today. Its at my buddies house. I kind of figured i would need to cut it out and replace. Thanks.
southernmost914
Replacements available from AA.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif bye1.gif
Steve
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Mar 31 2009, 03:17 PM) *

Replacements available from AA.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif bye1.gif
Steve

fabulous color The repro jambs we have are fairly easily installed once the flange spot welds are drilled out.
corvette6698512
Is AA down right now? I can brows the site, but i cant search, or click to see prices. I need to know how much the "quarter panel sail replacement" peices are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.