Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oberg Filters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Mircoscreen plate filters for oil confused24.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 31 2009, 07:31 PM) *

Mircoscreen plate filters for oil confused24.gif

I have used one on a 914 with positive results. I placed it inline after the engine mounted oil filter and found it picked up junk the oil filter passed through. Every time you start up an engine the oil pressure can pop open the internal pressure relief on the canister filter and can release some trash. Even with the O'Berg the bypass light will flash on startup. I also saw a 10 degree oil temp drop as I mounted it in the air flow path to the engine fan. I would not use one alone. The paper element can trap particles the O'Berg will pass. It is interesting to see the junk that floats around the in the oil system. And that all I have to say about that.
Bruce
charliew
I bought one to use on a preluber I made out of pvc to lube newly rebuilt motors or ones that have been setting awhile. I got the idea from seeing one Jake uses.
DBCooper
Especially good on race motors, and doubly especially good on noisy air cooled race motors. Gives you a quick and easy view of what's going on inside that you can't get with paper filters.
HAM Inc
I like the Obergs and have used them in the past. But now I pefer (and use) the Peterson 400 series.
TimT
Iv'e used the Oberg/Racor filters as bypass filters. You can get really fine screens for them..
type2man
I run an Oberg tattle tale on my 1.7 type 4, and I have the 600 on my 2.0. It's great to be able to see what's going on inside an engine. Good quality part too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.