Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free 4-bolt wheels/tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
strawman
Howdy, I've finally collected all the 5-bolt conversion stuff for my project, and I don't need the wheels/tires that I used as "rollers" before putting chassis up on the rotisserie.

These wheels/tires hold air, but I would not recommend driving on them as they are old/hard. They are sitting on the side of my house and are free for the taking (local pick-up only; NO SHIPPING!). These would be perfect if you're parting out a car and need to take the carcass to the boneyard, or if you don't want overspray on your soon-to-be painted car's wheels/tires.

PM me if you're interested; I'll take 'em to the junkyard in a week or two if no one needs 'em.

Geoff
RJMII
Do you have pictures of them? (I have five lug setup on my car, I'm just curious what the rollers look like... not wanting to convert back to four lug. lol)
strawman
Not sure pics would really help. Basically, they're the "four-star" steel rims found on many VWs of the mid- to late-80s. They came off a 1972 Ghia. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure there's no wheel center covers; I'm sure there are no beauty rings or anything else of value...

PM me if you really need pics.

QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 1 2009, 12:44 PM) *

Do you have pictures of them? (I have five lug setup on my car, I'm just curious what the rollers look like... not wanting to convert back to four lug. lol)

underthetire
QUOTE(strawman @ Apr 1 2009, 12:41 PM) *

Howdy, I've finally collected all the 5-bolt conversion stuff for my project, and I don't need the wheels/tires that I used as "rollers" before putting chassis up on the rotisserie.

These wheels/tires hold air, but I would not recommend driving on them as they are old/hard. They are sitting on the side of my house and are free for the taking (local pick-up only; NO SHIPPING!). These would be perfect if you're parting out a car and need to take the carcass to the boneyard, or if you don't want overspray on your soon-to-be painted car's wheels/tires.

PM me if you're interested; I'll take 'em to the junkyard in a week or two if no one needs 'em.

Geoff

I a little more local, I'd like one for a spare tire. If you don't get anyone to take them, i'll take one.
bdstone914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 1 2009, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(strawman @ Apr 1 2009, 12:41 PM) *

Geoff

I a little more local, I'd like one for a spare tire. If you don't get anyone to take them, i'll take one.

If they off of a Ghia they are probably 4-1/2" wide as compared o 5-1/2" for the same style Porsche wheel. It may be fine as a spare but you can not use as wide of a tire on the narrower rim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.