Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 chalon 2.5 ltr
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914chalon25
Price - $8,500 - OBO

I'm in Charleston, WV and will assist with delivery within 300 miles.

Email is sdrake@arnoldagency.com and phone is (304) 553-5804

Click to view attachment

Many more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/36629007@N03/

It’s a 1975 with a Chalon kit. Most of these that you see online are rust buckets that have been slapped together. Not this car. It was stripped and dipped and was one of the cleanest 914 I have seen.

The kit is in great shape and is completely installed with the exception of the pieces around the headlights and the fiberglass piece that sit on top of the front bumper. I had these pieces painted and was told it would be better/easier to install them after the paint. Well… the fit is not perfect and these pieces need a little fitting work before the car is repainted.

As far as paint, the car was painted inside and out with a brilliant red about 11 years ago. It has been inside the entire time since and has been chipped, scratched and bumped in about every way possible. It needs a complete wet sand, a chip or two fixed and repainted to look perfect. I’m sure 75% of it could be buffed out and the car could be just driven, but I’m trying to be completely honest with the condition.

Before paint, the floor pans were replaced, the rockers were replaced with custom steel to match the chalon kit, and the hole for the AC condenser was patched in up front.

There is no undercoating or rust on the bottom of the car. All the nuts and bolts are clean and nothing is rusted or stuck. It looks great.

Engine/transmission
Started life as a 2.0 but has been taken up to a 2.5ltr. It has a fairly aggressive comp cam, deep sump, big valve heads, Delorto 44s, Jacobs Engineering ignition, and about every other thing you could put in an engine 12 years ago. The engine has been started 4 or 5 times a year and driven around the neighborhood. About a year ago, it started leaking a little oil around the deep sump, my guess is that it just needs new seals and re-tightened.

There are new stainless steel heat exchangers and a new bursh racing exhaust. I think I have all of the parts to hook up the heat from the exchangers, but none of that is on the car… it all goes with the sale.

Inside the engine compartment is 80%. The driver’s side is perfect. The passenger side has a new battery box which was installed well, but under the battery box, someone poorly welded in some metal in the shape of the engine surround to fill in where there was some damage. That metal needs cut out and a new piece (available for $180) needs welded in to be perfect.

The engine sounds and pulls STRONG. This thing has the most torque of any 4 cyl I have ever driven by a long margin.

The transmission is in good shape, but the shift is sloppy. I have replaced all of the bushings, but there is still too much slop. I have a short shift kit and another trans from a low mileage car that goes with the car and needs to be installed.

Brakes/wheels/tires
First, the tires need replaced. They are drivable, but they have just set too long. There are 225/50/15 BFGs on the back and 205/50/15 BFGs on the front. The wheels are the trick, I had Boyd’s (same guys with the TV show on discover channel) make custom wheels for the car 12 years ago. They are on the standard 4 x 130mm bolt pattern. There is less than 500 miles on these wheels and they should polish up (aluminum) to be perfect.

On the rear of the car, there are new rotors, new calipers, new emergency brake cables, new proportioning valve and new lines. On the front, the lines are new and the master cylinder is a new one from a 911. The calipers on the front need rebuilt and the rotors needs replaced. I have one new front rotor that goes with the car.

Interior
The inside is in great shape. The carpet is new and I installed dyno mat on the floor board. The seats have been redone with a nice material in the center inserts and look better than new. The center console has been recovered and has new VDO performance gauges, not the factor stuff, these are the real deal the show actual oil pressure, oil temp and cylinder head temp. The padding behind the seat is not in great shape and could stand to be recovered.

The dash looks fresh and the door panels have been re-skinned, all they need is a speaker installed where the previous owner cut speaker holes and the drivers arm rest box.

The pedal box was rebuilt with new bronze bushings and there is a new Dino steering wheel. It looks great and everything functions like it should.

I think that is about it. Most of this work was done about 10 years ago and the car has been inside (climate controlled) ever since.

This was going to be a fun car, but things change and I completely lost interest. Now with a young daughter and a demanding job, it just needs to go.

I will check back daily for any questions - Thanks
914chalon25
bump
cvoros
QUOTE(914chalon25 @ Apr 13 2009, 02:39 PM) *

bump

Sure wish I were closer...

sad.gif

914chalon25
bump
cvoros
Havent sold it yet?

You're making me think bad things! (at least thats what my wife would say)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.