Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jet Hot...or not?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
Want to have some heat exchangers Jet Hot'd, but do realize that that's just a brand name (despite seemingly being the standard). Wondering if anybody out there has any strong feelings, good or bad, based on experience?

Thanks
Wilhelm
You can do it yourself if you have a powdercoat oven though I have heard of people using the heat of the exhaust to set the ceramic up. Check it out, save some bux........ Ceramic Coating
carr914
You want Ceramic Coating (Jet Hot) not powder coat. I've had a local company Ceramic coat and in the past have used Jet-Hot the company. I can say that I had a 914 melt into the ground and the only thing left was my Jet-Hot'd coated Kerry Hunter headers. There was nothing else left - nothing, no motor, no tranny, no wheels, no steering wheel - just the headers and they were in perfect shape.

T.C.
SirAndy
wub.gif

Click to view attachment
Wilhelm
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 2 2009, 12:34 PM) *

You want Ceramic Coating (Jet Hot) not powder coat. I've had a local company Ceramic coat and in the past have used Jet-Hot the company. I can say that I had a 914 melt into the ground and the only thing left was my Jet-Hot'd coated Kerry Hunter headers. There was nothing else left - nothing, no motor, no tranny, no wheels, no steering wheel - just the headers and they were in perfect shape.

T.C.

This is ceramic, not powder coat. The only purpose of the powdercoat oven is to give the product an initial set.

Click to view attachment
dave29
Beware of Jet Hot!!!! Make sure you stamp the exhaust with some unique mark. I had a horrible experience with them and my, as new, "6" exhaust. Bottom line the exhaust I sent was not the exhaust I got back!!!!!!!!!
VaccaRabite
These are /6 heat exchangers, right? I don't see the point of doing this to /4 heater boxes.

I'll be getting my Eurorace header ceramic coated in may. Black, though. Not silver.

Zach
GeorgeRud
Jet Hot did a nice job on my -6 exchangers several years ago, I certainly had no problems with their performance or turnaround time.

FWIW, I'd use them again.
boxstr
Finish Line Coating is located in Portland Oregon. They do absoultly great work, not cheap. I have used them on four customer cars, all 6 cylinder. I also had my complete exhuast system off of my 32 Ford roadster done by them.

Here is the link http://www.finishlinecoatings.com/exhaust.htm

CCLINCOATING
Rusty
Jet Hot can do a wonderful job on 914-6 heat exchangers.

I recommend them.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 3 2009, 12:33 AM) *

Jet Hot can do a wonderful job on 914-6 heat exchangers.

I recommend them.

drooley.gif
'73-914kid
My dad had some corvette Hooker Sidepipes coated by them. when they arrived, we were both drooling over them. They look pretty nice, but we made the mistake of polishing them exactly as the directions stated ironically and we came up with every single imaginable swirl mark. Now this is different from 914 stuff because you aren't worried about looks too much.

carr914:
I don't know how the coating held up to a 914 burning. in the first run, we managed to burn off all the coating around the down tubes because it was running a little lean with the free flowing exhaust. My dad was not a happy camper, and jet-hot refused to recoat the headers. it was only running a little hot too, didn't even get the pipes red, which is what they claim it will withstand.

I will never get another jet-hot coated anything sadly...I'll stick with the old fashion ceramic paint in a spray can.

Sorry guys, just don't want people to have the sam ordeal.
BTW: this was with their crazy coating too, so it should have lasted! but it does look decent I guess...

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.