Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to tell left from right heads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flyloki
I'm selling 2 1.7 heads with the same part # but want to make sure they are right and left sides. How can I tell? The only difference I can see is one has a 13 cast into it and one has a 16.

Thanks in advance-
SirAndy
QUOTE(flyloki @ Apr 2 2009, 01:16 PM) *

I'm selling 2 1.7 heads with the same part # but want to make sure they are right and left sides. How can I tell?

The passenger side should have the threads for the CHT ...
shades.gif Andy
dbgriffith75
I doubt if the 13 and 16 make a difference- they're probably just casting numbers. Theoretically the heads are interchangeable- you can swap them out. Realistically, you shouldn't- but if you're selling just the heads then whoever purchases them, if you haven't done it already, will likely have them planed and smoothed out so it won't make a huge difference for left and right.

But that's just what I think... I could be wrong.

[Edit]

And so I am wrong... SirAndy's post beat my own. biggrin.gif
flyloki
Thanks guys- one has the CHT one don't.

Motor on...
Cap'n Krusty
A CHT hole can easily be installed, if the need arises. The Cap'n
McMark
agree.gif Yup. Heads is heads, as far as I'm concerned.
messix
one wont need any work done to it, it'll work just fine as it is. the other will need you to give it a full rebuild just to prove out that it won't work and will never perform no matter how much money you thow at it.

oh no thats to political! happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.