Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this worth a repair?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Just pull the motor and clean up the rusty area and throw in some new metal and back on the road, heading for the nearest concours event.
biosurfer1
wow, thats a new one for sure
SirAndy
I nominate this for the classics!
icon8.gif Andy
Lou W
Wow, looks great smile.gif icon8.gif
championgt1
smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif w00t.gif
Wilhelm
Cool! Hybrid tube frame!
bandjoey
HOLY 914 BATMAN! IS THAT A BODY BAG IN THE CAR????? huh.gif bILL
Larouex
Fantastic. that is an amazing engineering job, imagine the house repairs.
dbgriffith75
WTF.gif Did somebody set off a salt bomb in that car?

[Edit]

Okay, in all fairness, I did just get off work and I'm really tired. But I looked the pics over again and just noticed the frame handy work.

Where's this car at? I wouldn't be surprised if the original owner of my old '75 Chevy is the same guy that did those "reinforcements." screwy.gif
watsonrx13
WOW, very creative.... Well, at least they kept the car on the road.... lol-2.gif

-- Rob
dbgriffith75
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Apr 3 2009, 05:44 AM) *

WOW, very creative.... Well, at least they kept the car on the road.... lol-2.gif

-- Rob

Or did they....?
GaroldShaffer
Um, your missing the battery tray. Other than that it looks great. shades.gif smoke.gif
Katmanken
Dang, well thought out fix like that enables you to drive the car while you replace the hell hole AND the longs.
sean_v8_914
ugly as hell but I bet it works. she's a driver
rjames
Is that car a 2 liter with fiber glass front and rear bumpers? If so, I'm guessing that it was Rand's car. I remember his having a brace like that to keep the car together.
rhodyguy
that's an east coast keeper fer shore. nice to add insult to injury by making it sit out in the rain. show the driver's side door opener. note i didn't say handle.
benalishhero
Is that MPS any good?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.