Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
The melling pump I put in leaks bad.(I know now, machine for an o-ring). What if any benefits of using the melling over stock. Engine is a 2.0 w/ 96mm arias flat tops,mild cam,stock D jet, larger valves,HD valve springs.Everything internal was polished and or balanced.Flywheel was taken down to 14#.
Brad Roberts
Unless you plan to race the car.. a stock pump works just fine (it worked fine for 30+ years)

Buy a new stock one (I think they are still available) and call it done.

B
72914S
Thanks Brad, just needed a guru`s thoughts.
Brad Roberts
Oh.. you needed a guru's thoughts..

My thoughts for today: I'm tired of cold and rainy. I wish one of the V8 cars I'm working would burn to the ground. Ca. gas prices are STUPID right now. They feed us bullshit about refinery's closing for maitenance.. yeah so... they have done this for 80 years and it NEVER efected the gas prices before. They are F-ing us good.

B
Matt Romanowski
Not sure I'm a guru, but I like this line, "I think a 200 pound dog is a big f@#*%@! dog."

I've never had trouble with Melling pumps. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Matt
Brad Roberts
If you dont know they need to be modified to work properly... the drive gear puts pressure against the front cover and it begins to leak.

B
DuckRyder
Be sure you are sitting down when you price the stock one. It's over $200.00
72914S
Got a new one in the box already,it was in one of my parts cars. DUMMY me tried the melling first(also new).This was before I knew.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.