Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Engine deck lid seal aluminum clip New
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mikey914
This is a sample from the first die test run. It has an aluminum blip instead of the steel like OEM. The combination or heat from the engine with moisture causes the OEM to rust and crack. This one will not. It is 1/16" longer than the OEM to belp hide the deck lid gap if yours is not perfectly alligned.

I did notice that with the deck lid installed it was a pain to install, so I will make these available in a 2 part format where you can press the clip on, put the seal over the clip and glue the two together in palce. I can do the 2 part kit for $22. I personally think it's much easier to install this way.

This one is up for sale right now, the rest will be available April 23rd. Just let me know if you need one.

Thanks
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 2 2009, 10:22 PM) *

This is a sample from the first die test run. It has an aluminum blip instead of the steel like OEM. The combination or heat from the engine with moisture causes the OEM to rust and crack. This one will not. It is 1/16" longer than the OEM to belp hide the deck lid gap if yours is not perfectly alligned.

I did notice that with the deck lid installed it was a pain to install, so I will make these available in a 2 part format where you can press the clip on, put the seal over the clip and glue the two together in palce. I can do the 2 part kit for $22. I personally think it's much easier to install this way.

This one is up for sale right now, the rest will be available April 23rd. Just let me know if you need one.

Thanks

I'll take this one, and would prefer it to a 2 part kit. Is the price shipped ?

Thanks
Mikey914
Pricing did not include shipping, but I will combine if you need anything else your looking at $4.80 for priority mail in the US.

This one is allready glued, do you want me to put you down on the production run? It would almost cover the shipping.

By the way I will have another product breaking in about a week that if you want could ship with this. I will post more details after I have the items in hand.

Thanks,
Mark
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 2 2009, 10:59 PM) *

Pricing did not include shipping, but I will combine if you need anything else your looking at $4.80 for priority mail in the US.

This one is allready glued, do you want me to put you down on the production run? It would almost cover the shipping.

By the way I will have another product breaking in about a week that if you want could ship with this. I will post more details after I have the items in hand.

Thanks,
Mark

Shipping wasn't specified, so had to ask.

This one is fine.

New product teaser ? But don't know if it's anything I could use, since there were no details... lol-2.gif
rdr
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Apr 3 2009, 03:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 2 2009, 10:59 PM) *

Thanks,
Mark

Shipping wasn't specified, so had to ask.

This one is fine.

New product teaser ? But don't know if it's anything I could use, since there were no details... lol-2.gif

Hi,

I need one as well. I personally want the 1 part as the deck lid is off and ready for paint. Let me know.

Thanks,

Rick
computers4kids
Very Cool!!!
I just installed my new OEM rubber and it was actually pretty easy, just press into the groove. Although, it's much easier with the lid off.

Your idea of making the strip a tad wider is a great improvement--the exact thought to myself as I was installing the OEM one couple days ago.

smilie_pokal.gif Thanks for making all pieces you do for our cars.
6freak
I dont know where it go`s ?? behind the back glass....picture would help..Thanks
Mike
Mikey914
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 3 2009, 06:43 AM) *

I dont know where it go`s ?? behind the back glass....picture would help..Thanks
Mike

It's the one by the glass. The picture shows the old seal, and embarassinly enough my mis alligned deck lid. This car is going out to paint in 3 weeks so I should be able to post a picture with the new deck lid seal on this one when they come in. It fisrt piect I installed on one of my parts cars with the deck lid off. It installed pretty easily, but when I tried to install on the car with the deck lid it was kind of a pain to get it on.
Mark, Count me in for 1.....

Thanks
Ken
914werke
im in for like 2 smile.gif
sixaddict
Put me in for 1. TOT

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 3 2009, 05:37 PM) *

im in for like 2 smile.gif

jeeperjohn56
Hey Mark, you can put me in for one. Would the one piece be better when the window is out? will be relacing glass when paintingis done this fall. Let me know which one would be better. John driving.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:32 PM) *

Hey Mark, you can put me in for one. Would the one piece be better when the window is out? will be relacing glass when paintingis done this fall. Let me know which one would be better. John driving.gif

With the window out, I would first install the window, to assure a good installation and put the seal in after. With that being said, I do think it's much easier to inatall without the engine deck lid in. I can do it either way for you, but you may find it easier to install as a 2 part assembly.
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 4 2009, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:32 PM) *

With the window out, I would first install the window, to assure a good installation and put the seal in after. With that being said, I do think it's much easier to inatall without the engine deck lid in. I can do it either way for you, but you may find it easier to install as a 2 part assembly.

Okay Mark , put me down for a two part assembly,Thanks for the reply John
gothspeed
I need one of these too smile.gif
913B
I am down for 2. Let me know when they are ready.

Ted
carr914
I need 2

T.C.
rhodyguy
nice work.

k
rdr
Hi,

Are you going to contact everyone one they are ready and PayPal bill?

Rick
6freak
Two!!! one for my bro and one for me...nice work

One piece unit please
Gint
I'd like a one piece unit Mark.
gothspeed
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 6 2009, 11:26 AM) *

I'd like a one piece unit Mark.

+1 ............. I'd like a one peice unit also .......... smile.gif
clarkcou
Please put me down for a 1-piece unit. Let me know how to pay
Randy Clark
Peoria, AZ 85382
Nor.Cal.914
I would like a one piece unit! It looks like my current seal is glued to my window though? How does this seal attach? Does it clip to the engine lid? Please let me know as my current seal is in pretty bad shape! Thanks
-Chris
inschool
Please put me down for 1 one piece.

Thanks,
Andrew
Nor.Cal.914
icon_bump.gif I just want to make sure I still have a spot for one of these! Will they be available today? Please let me know. Thanks!
-Chris
Mikey914
These are now in. I'm going to do an install and put pictures in the garage site tomorrow. I'll be contacting all tomorrow also. I put these on the back burner at the front bumper top tooling was a lot more expensive and I had to keep it moving.
pilothyer
I will be needing one of the "one piece" Please let me know the total for it shipped to 35603.......Jerry
Mikey914
Well, here's some pictures of my install on one of my project cars. With the deck lid on the challange is to get it on so that it sits where you want it. This is had in the corners where there is extra material in the channel and you don't want to mess with trying to dig it out for fear of messing up your paint. This is where it's handy to be able to have a void to allow for the extra material in the gap. For this installation I placed the clip material on the lip then placed the rubber in position and glued it down with a shoe goo. It just takes a little. You could use 3M weather strip adheasive as it dosen't dry if you wish, or even rubber cement. It really dosen't take much as even without the glue the rubber sit in place well, the glue is primarily to keep it from moving.

PM me if you want one, let me know if you want it pre-glued or not.
tango-52
I'll take two, pre-glued. Can you throw them in the box with my bumper top?

Thanks
arvcube
funny, I was just looking at my yesterday and noticing all the cracks in it. I'll take one as well.
thanks!
barada
I need one of these as well.
914forme
I would like one also, mine looks like crude. One piece please unit please.
E-Man
I will buy one. Please let me know how you'd like to be paid.

-Mike Dugan
barada
Got mine today went on super easy and sure makes the back end look nice and neat, thanks.
orange73
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 3 2009, 11:25 PM) *

Well, here's some pictures of my install on one of my project cars. With the deck lid on the challange is to get it on so that it sits where you want it. This is had in the corners where there is extra material in the channel and you don't want to mess with trying to dig it out for fear of messing up your paint. This is where it's handy to be able to have a void to allow for the extra material in the gap. For this installation I placed the clip material on the lip then placed the rubber in position and glued it down with a shoe goo. It just takes a little. You could use 3M weather strip adheasive as it dosen't dry if you wish, or even rubber cement. It really dosen't take much as even without the glue the rubber sit in place well, the glue is primarily to keep it from moving.

PM me if you want one, let me know if you want it pre-glued or not.

Hello I have a 1972 914, i can use one but not sure if i need glued or 2 piece , i will more than likely install with deck lid on. I also need the targa top seal abve windsheild. please let me know how to pay. My email is dfpetro@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Dan
rfuerst911sc
Received my one piece seal today. Had to trim the length a little and on each end trimmed the " C " channel at an angle so it would clear the build up of window sealant in the corners. Fit perfect, as always a great product.
Mikey914
Thanks, it appears that the one piece is really the way to go. You don't have to mess around with it mutch, and you can still trim out the ends if you need to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.