Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: set of 15x5.5 steel wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
number6
Hi everyone. I would like to buy a set of 4 or 5 15x5.5 steel wheels, like the ones shown below. I'm looking for the 5.5", not 5". Will take any cosmetic condition as long as the wheels are straight (they will be stripped and powdercoated). Thank you.

-duc
gothspeed
It is too bad you don't need a set of rivieras ........... I have a set with new tires that will be going away very very cheap in the not too distant future.
RJMII
If you don't mind building a set one at a time, I can check and see if I have a 5.5... If so, it'd be yours for the cost of getting the tire off and actual shipping and paypal fees.
number6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 3 2009, 08:40 AM) *

If you don't mind building a set one at a time, I can check and see if I have a 5.5... If so, it'd be yours for the cost of getting the tire off and actual shipping and paypal fees.

Richard, I'm hoping to find a set in one shot, but something tells me I'm going to have to piece things together. When you have a moment, could you please help me check to see if your wheel is 5.5"? I think I may have found 2 or 3 from another board member. Thanks!

-duc
number6
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Apr 3 2009, 05:38 AM) *

It is too bad you don't need a set of rivieras ........... I have a set with new tires that will be going away very very cheap in the not too distant future.

Thanks, Oscar, but I'm specifically looking for the steelies.

I'm going to try to get your swaybars out today!

-duc
RJMII
duc; I'll check here in a bit when I go out to my parents house.

-Jim

(oh yeah, I go by Jim. just a heads up)
number6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 3 2009, 01:24 PM) *

duc; I'll check here in a bit when I go out to my parents house.

-Jim

(oh yeah, I go by Jim. just a heads up)

Thanks, Jim. (Sorry about that - I was just going off what PayPal told me.)

Another board member has four wheels for me, but a 5th spare would be awesome.

Cheers,
-duc
RJMII
duc,

the one I have is 5 1/2 J 15.

I looked all over the back of the wheel for the size... lol it was on the front. I have a pic on my phone for you, but lost my card reader temporarily. if you want me to send pic to your phone, PM me with a #...

-Jim
bandjoey
Try www.thesamba.com
Lots of wheels there for 914's and vw's.
914runnow
QUOTE(number6 @ Apr 2 2009, 11:58 PM) *

Hi everyone. I would like to buy a set of 4 or 5 15x5.5 steel wheels, like the ones shown below. I'm looking for the 5.5", not 5". Will take any cosmetic condition as long as the wheels are straight (they will be stripped and powdercoated). Thank you.

-duc

Try your neighbors up there..Or have you yet...???Laughlin Camp or James at
Apperance and some others too??
NOTE>>>>>>>> IF you find a set...The Vdub's are offset OUT more...
About an inch or so ...
Than the 914 steelies.....Vdubz they will fit, just not with wide tyres...
I do have a set of restow'd oem wheel bolts if interested...( I feel so shameless now)...If yah have questions PM me re the rims..
number6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 3 2009, 03:02 PM) *

duc,

I looked all over the back of the wheel for the size... lol it was on the front. I have a pic on my phone for you, but lost my card reader temporarily. if you want me to send pic to your phone, PM me with a #...

-Jim

Thanks, Jim. Unfortunately, my phone doesn't handle photos very well. I know, for a tech guy, my phone is so '90s!

Did your wheel come off a 914? I didn't realize there was an offset difference between the 914 and VW versions - I don't know which is which...but I'm hoping that if yours is confirmed from a 914, I can use its part # to verify the others.

Thanks, again!

-duc
number6
QUOTE(914runnow @ Apr 3 2009, 09:01 PM) *

-duc

About an inch or so ...
I do have a set of restow'd oem wheel bolts if interested...( I feel so shameless now)...If yah have questions PM me re the rims..

I rent storage space up at CAMP, so yes, on checking with Craig (he has one) smile.gif
Haven't tried James, but I will - thank you for the reminder!

Would you happen to know the 914 steelie part number?
RJMII
QUOTE(number6 @ Apr 3 2009, 11:41 PM) *

duc,

-Jim

Thanks, Jim. Unfortunately, my phone doesn't handle photos very well. I know, for a tech guy, my phone is so '90s!

Did your wheel come off a 914? I didn't realize there was an offset difference between the 914 and VW versions - I don't know which is which...but I'm hoping that if yours is confirmed from a 914, I can use its part # to verify the others.

Thanks, again!

-duc

duc;

Yes! It was the spare in my 76. (before I went w/911SC front suspension... yadda yadda)

Here's the pic. I'll see if I can find a p/n off of it.

-Jim
914runnow
QUOTE(number6 @ Apr 3 2009, 09:44 PM) *

-duc

About an inch or so ...

I rent storage space up at CAMP, so yes, on checking with Craig (he has one) smile.gif

Here yah go...914 361 016 00....that # is from George's book at AA.....
He also sells the NLA plastic center cap..
number6
QUOTE(914runnow @ Apr 4 2009, 10:26 AM) *

-duc

About an inch or so ...

Thank you! I looked in my Tech Tips 700 but couldn't find anything - I must have an old version. Thank you again.

-duc
number6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 4 2009, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(number6 @ Apr 3 2009, 11:41 PM) *

duc,

-Jim

Thanks, again!

-duc

duc;

Yes! It was the spare in my 76. (before I went w/911SC front suspension... yadda yadda)

Here's the pic. I'll see if I can find a p/n off of it.

-Jim

Thanks, Jim! Shooting you a PM...
RJMII
Where's the P/N on the wheel? I'm pretty sure it's the Porsche unit, (doesn't the 'J' represent the offset, which would make it the 914 wheel... So I don't have to trust the PO on yet another thing)
number6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 4 2009, 02:18 PM) *

Where's the P/N on the wheel? I'm pretty sure it's the Porsche unit, (doesn't the 'J' represent the offset, which would make it the 914 wheel... So I don't have to trust the PO on yet another thing)

Jim, I haven't the vaguest clue! Hopefully 914runnow can tell us. Mon/Tues when I'm up at CAMP, I'll ask Craig to look at his wheel and see if I can find anything. I really appreciate your time!!!!

-duc
914runnow
QUOTE(914runnow @ Apr 4 2009, 10:26 AM) *

-duc

About an inch or so ...

Ohhhhhhhhh you want the # Stamped on the wheel..??!!
There is just the size of the rim and no Vdub stamp....
I have one on the side of the house ..MIGHT?? be able to give you the exactz
tomorrow...I have to work...I will try..
NEXT the part # from Porsche I ref'd to is in Georges Book ? Mag for 914z
His >cataloge< with prices and parts/pictures..on his cd rom too...

Ohhhhhhhhh you want the # Stamped on the wheel..??!!
There is just the size of the rim and no Vdub stamp....
I have one on the side of the house ..MIGHT?? be able to give you the exactz
tomorrow...I have to work...I will try..
NEXT the part # from Porsche I ref'd to is in Georges Book ? Mag for 914z
His >cataloge< with prices and parts/pictures..on his cd rom too...
Bartlett 914
I have 4. I cannot find any numbers or sizes stamped on them. 2 are pretty rusty. 2 have old tires on them. I measure 6.75 outside the rim. P.M. me if interested.

Mark
800 634-4347

RJMII
I also found another number stamed on the outside of it... ET40

I'll ship it tomorrow. I"m pretty sure that's what the ET40 and the "J" are all about, is saying it's a Porsche wheel.

number6
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Apr 5 2009, 01:39 PM) *

I have 4. I cannot find any numbers or sizes stamped on them. 2 are pretty rusty. 2 have old tires on them. I measure 6.75 outside the rim. P.M. me if interested.

Mark
800 634-4347

Thanks, Mark! Another board member has a set for me, and Jim has the 5th to make the spare, so I think I'm good to go. If anything changes, I'll definitely check in with you. Thanks again.

-duc
number6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 5 2009, 02:37 PM) *

I also found another number stamed on the outside of it... ET40

I'll ship it tomorrow. I"m pretty sure that's what the ET40 and the "J" are all about, is saying it's a Porsche wheel.

Thanks, Jim! Please let me know $ when you know, and I'll PayPal immediately.

Cheers,
-duc
cconcepcion
I have a set of 5 wheels available, in fair condition.
P.M. if interested and i can send pics of what I got at cconccepcion1@cox.net.
Cesar 623.225.9817M
zee
Click to view attachment

-duc

I have a singel wheel. Was used as a spare in my 74. I blasted the wheel in preperation for painting, but project went by the wayside. Front of wheel lists:
51/2JX15, ET40 and date code 5/74. If you are interested suggest a price. I'm in WI 53183. Send me your email. I can attach a pic. to that - have trouble with pic size on forum.
Hope I can help.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.