Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel tank question?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
I am trying to figure out what these two lines would go to on the bottom right of my fuel tank. I am guessing they go to tunnel lines but I am not for sure. confused24.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a picture of where the lines would be at if the tank was in it's spot. I am guessing the lines go through the small hole but I don't know. confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
jcambo7
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:34 AM) *

I am trying to figure out what these two lines would go to on the bottom right of my fuel tank. I am guessing they go to tunnel lines but I am not for sure. confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
The top line has a sticker with a one n the bottom one did have one with a two which I fould underneath the gas tank.
Click to view attachment
This is a picture of where the lines would be at if the tank was in it's spot. I am guessing the lines go through the small hole but I don't know. confused24.gif
Click to view attachment

xperu
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment
The top line has a sticker with a one n the bottom one did have one with a two which I fould underneath the gas tank.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Inlet and Outlet fuel lines, the larger one has a small tube like mesh filter inside the tank that should be changed, if you do intend to replace the filter (about $10-12.) then you need to replace the copper gaskets as well, I bought both at AA. You would be supprised to see the gunk in the tank where these lines enter inside the tank, try not to damage the metel tube and the fittings, they are no longer made. When I removed my lines to replace the mess filter, very little of the mesh was left. Mike
jcambo7
QUOTE(xperu @ Apr 3 2009, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Inlet and Outlet fuel lines, the larger one has a small tube like mesh filter inside the tank that should be canged, if you do intend to replace the filter (about $10-12.) the you need to replace the copper gaskets as well, I bought both at AA. You would be supprised to see the gunk in the tank where these lines enter inside the tank, try not to damage the metel tube of the fittings, they are no longer made. When I removed my lines to replace the mess filter, very little of the mesh was left. Mike

Thanks Mike. Which one is which though?
Cap'n Krusty
Be VERY careful of the thick paper gaskets for the fuel fittings. They MUST be in there, and they're NLA. The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Apr 3 2009, 08:34 AM) *

No, not that small hole. You kinda have that pic backwards ...

In the picture below, you can see the two fuel lines coming through the fire wall. Note the rubber grommets, those are a MUST!

shades.gif Andy

SirAndy
And the two lines are different in size, the larger being the supply line to the fuel filter and fuel pump, the smaller one being the return line.

You car won't run right if you hook them up incorrectly ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
jcambo7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 3 2009, 12:30 PM) *

And the two lines are different in size, the larger being the supply line to the fuel filter and fuel pump, the smaller one being the return line.

You car won't run right if you hook them up incorrectly ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy

Thanks Andy! beerchug.gif That helps out a lot.
Cevan
You should really buy a Haynes manual. It would answer alot of your questions.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Cevan @ Apr 3 2009, 01:57 PM) *

You should really buy a Haynes manual. It would answer alot of your questions.

av-943.gif I know. It acutally just came in the mail today. Bought it on wednesday n did three day shipping. Also got this one: How to rebuild your VW motor by Tom Wilson piratenanner.gif So now I have reading material for when I go to Nellis AFB on the 6th thru thr 10th of this month. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.