Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a nice one today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Got a call this morning about a 74 for sale. My excitement grew on the trip there, but alas, no LE.
What I did find was just as exciting. A 74 2.0. Seems to be very clean with some proper restoration work done. Looked in all the suspect places that I could from the top and found no rust. Tar is gone from floors, with nice grey paint. It's been repainted the original signal orange. It's sitting in a tow truck drivers front yard way out in the sticks. Looks to be a very solid car with only a few missing parts. Passengers door panel, and both valances. Interior is black, seats are tan. Talked to the owner. He bought it in an auction from a DEA bust locally. He's coming to my shop tomorrow, and looks like I might get the car to check it out, get it out of the weather, and help him sell it. If I get it here I'll pull the rockers, put in on jackstands and give it a good goin over. We have 12 pics on the way, so be patient. Some are small and a few are large to show some detail. This car will be for sale. I have two locals interested, but if they don't want it, I'll post it here first. Please pick the car apart as we always do. laugh.gif

Passenger exterior. lines are very straight.
TheCabinetmaker
Drivers exterior
TheCabinetmaker
left of engine bay
TheCabinetmaker
motor with pos carb
TheCabinetmaker
under the battery
TheCabinetmaker
a little closer
TheCabinetmaker
relay board area
TheCabinetmaker
drivers door jamb
TheCabinetmaker
passenger floor
TheCabinetmaker
nice clean dash. no cracks
TheCabinetmaker
from the right
TheCabinetmaker
passsengers door. yes the inside of the door is blue confused24.gif

Ok, what do we think? I'll have more info tomorrow
TheCabinetmaker
opps forgot the last pic
Brad Roberts
Buy it. Looks like a decent clean car. Has it been hit in the front or rear 15 times ?
echocanyons
Blacked out chrome?

Firewall pad removed and painted. Look like it has been gone thorugh at the very least
TheCabinetmaker
Yes, I think it has been gone through by someone with some knowledge.

Brad, I can't afford the ones I have, but If I did, this would be one I'd keep. I see very little work for a daily driver so far.
seanery
That looks like a decent car. Do you know the asking price? Anyone around here looking should at least consider that one.
TheCabinetmaker
Sean, so far it looks a very decent car. I'll know more about the price tomorrow after meeting with the owner. I see a lot of shit for sale. This is the nicest one I've seen in a while.

More tomorrow
Bruce Allert
Hey Curt, I have the black door panels I took outta Punkin if you want them. They have speaker holes cut in them but other than that they're good.....

........b
TheCabinetmaker
Thanks Bruce, Got a couple myself.
Joe Ricard
Yea and it should go like stink with that carb too. w00t.gif
boxstr
Good looking car. Keep us posted on what you find.
I'd buy that one.
CCLINDAMPCAMP
flyloki
I'm in the market for my 1st one. Drop me an email will ya?

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.