Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rich with Joy in the PNW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
The lovely Joy and I will be in Seattle the day of May 12 and the evening of May 20, and mid-day in Vancouver BC on May 13...

Yes, we're doing the long-awaited Alaska Cruise thing... (Figure the time to see the Arctic is while it's still there...)

We're in mid-town Seattle (near the Space Needle) the 12th, at the departure point for the Quick shuttle to the pier in Vancouver on the 13. We'll have a few hours to explore Vancouver before boarding the boat with its 1700 LCL departure.

We're back in SEA late the 20 for our return to PHL early the 21th.

Be glad to meet & greet the PNW guys if the logistics can be worked out - we'll have no car this trip.
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif We can fingure something out. There is a lot of good places near there for meeting.
Bleyseng
Crap, I am out of town the whole month of May so I'll miss this. Lots to do in Seattle for a day, go see the Pike Place Market!
jcambo7
Man I want to go back home for a little bit. I miss it back their. sad.gif Oklahoma is nothing like good 'ol WA. sad.gif Sorry Okies but I am a Washingtonian 100% and that will never change. piratenanner.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 5 2009, 01:46 AM) *

Lots to do in Seattle for a day, go see the Pike Place Market!

We arrive SEA around 1030 and have arranged transportation to the hotel on Taylor Street about a block from the Space Needle.
I've been to Seattle a couple of times but this is a first for Joy. Pike's Place is definitely on the agenda. We have a comfortable walking radius of at least a couple of miles so that covers a lot of territory.
Bleyseng
Well, go up the Space Needle first (rest of the Seattle Center is boring) and then take the Monorail to downtown and walk to the Pike Place Market and get a smoked salmon sample to eat from the guys who throw the fish across the Market, as its excellent.

From there walk down 1st Ave (going South) to Pioneer Square to explore and get something to eat at Grand Central Market...Sign up for the Underground tour at the Pioneer Square maybe for something interesting. The best restaurants for eating dinner are in Belltown which is North of the Market on 1st Ave between Virginia and Bell streets...about 4 block N. The Crocodile Cafe is open again on 2nd Ave if you want to rock out, Jazz Alley has great jazz acts but its pricey.

All the big stores for shopping are on 5th Ave and Pike/Pine..

The waterfront is a tourist attraction but maybe you'd like the new aquarium....

http://www.seattletravel.com/pioneer-square-seattle.html

Remember, riding the bus is free in the downtown area so getting around is easy besides walking.

The biggest attraction that out of town folks have enjoyed lately is Top Pot Doughnuts on 5th Ave, 2 blocks North of Virginia St. Heck even I stop by there for em. chowtime.gif

6freak
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 4 2009, 04:54 AM) *

The lovely Joy and I will be in Seattle the day of May 12 and the evening of May 20, and mid-day in Vancouver BC on May 13...

Yes, we're doing the long-awaited Alaska Cruise thing... (Figure the time to see the Arctic is while it's still there...)

We're in mid-town Seattle (near the Space Needle) the 12th, at the departure point for the Quick shuttle to the pier in Vancouver on the 13. We'll have a few hours to explore Vancouver before boarding the boat with its 1700 LCL departure.

Be glad to meet & greet the PNW guys if the logistics can be worked out - we'll have no car this trip.

I will be head`n to Cali right around then I think ..but mite be able to fit something in ??
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 6 2009, 12:02 PM) *

I will be head`n to Cali right around then I think ..but mite be able to fit something in ??

Colombia seems like a scary place but if you gotta go, you gotta go.
Be careful.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 6 2009, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 4 2009, 04:54 AM) *

You're going to Colombia? Take weapons, and wear your bullet proof vest ....................

The Cap'n, who lives in "CALIFORNIA", "Calif.", or "CA"
6freak
Not colombia! not just no but hell no
...Cali .....SOCAL...CA...CALIFORNIA...CALIF... ..oh what the hell im go`n south WCR 09 or bust
boxstr
I don't think you are going to see the Arctic on an Alaska cruise?? But then who knows??
CCLINNORTHTOALASKA
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 7 2009, 11:29 PM) *

I don't think you are going to see the Arctic on an Alaska cruise?? But then who knows??

Ted Stevens International Airport (ANC) is located at 61° 10′ 28″ N, 149° 59′ 47″ W and at 60NM per degree, I figure that's within 75 mi of the Arctic Circle and depending on what Mt Redoubt is up to, 75 mi visibility should be possible. Especially from the outbound airplane...
ArtechnikA
We head to PHL way too early tomorrow for the first leg of the journey into SEA. Official arrival time is 1030 PDT, we have transportation to our hotel in the shadow of the Space Needle. Probably heading to Pike's Place from there for at least the early afternoon. I realize there are lots of great places to eat in SEA and we'll sample all we can, but you've also realize that the closest Jack in the Box to Philadelphia is in North Carolina and this SoCal-raised guy is up for a guilty pleasure meal! (Haven't been to a JitB since leaving NV in 2003...) In the inimitable words of Billy Crystal in "City Slickers": "I'M ON VACATION!"

If there is a consensus for a get-together sometime Tuesday late-afternoon / evening, reply to the thread (but don't count on my seeing it after tonight...) or SMS / call my cell at two one five - two seven two - seven four five six.

Love to meet up with you guys.
6freak
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 8 2009, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 7 2009, 11:29 PM) *

Ted Stevens International Airport (ANC) is located at 61° 10′ 28″ N, 149° 59′ 47″ W and at 60NM per degree, I figure that's within 75 mi of the Arctic Circle and depending on what Mt Redoubt is up to, 75 mi visibility should be possible. Especially from the outbound airplane...

If the weathers good your are correct and you will see Russia too..and maybe even Sara Palins house .... lol-2.gif ...sorry cant meet up with you and your family busyer then a one lagged man in a ass kick`n contest.Pack`n for WCR and all. have a great trip...... maybe next time

Mike

Eddie914
I might be able to meet up.

Anyone else available?

Eddie
6freak
Come on guys someone along with Eddie step up and show this folks some PNW hospitality..I know ya got it in ya
PeeGreen 914
I'll be around. Just have to see what's going on. I'll most likely be able to do something but right at the moment the day is crazy.
davep
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(davep @ May 11 2009, 07:30 PM) *

what would you be wanting a pictue of ? I've got thousands from which to choose...
ArtechnikA
Nighty-night all. I don't expect to be back here until at least May 21...
davep
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ May 11 2009, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(davep @ May 11 2009, 07:30 PM) *

what would you be wanting a picture of ? I've got thousands from which to choose...

The lovely Joy and I (your words)
Eddie914
We just finished with lunch overlooking Elliott Bay. The weather cleared and we had a great time.

It's always a pleasure to meet out of town 914World visitors.

Ironically, both are wives are nurses named Joy.

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.