Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hey Eric, your old /6 is for sale again ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
as I found out today, a shop in Belgium offers it for a huge amount of money blink.gif

just follow this link, the car description is in english - click

in 2005 this car was for sale for US$ 18,900
regarding the current convertion ratio it's US$ 48,100

popcorn[1].gif Gustl
Joe Bob
Yeah....bummer, kills me when I think about how cheap I sold mine for....
Gint
That's awesome! Mine might actually be worth close to what I've put in it one of these days.
boxstr
Actually Jim Chambers (porsche rescue) purchased the car from Eric. Jim then sold it to a fellow in Europe.
CCLINSOLD
Porsche Rescue
And now for the rest of the story......I bought it from Eric in Feb. '05. Advertised it on thesamba.com in spring of '06 for $21,000 (after offering it back to Eric for what I had invested, he said no thanks). First inquiry was from a dealer in UK who asked for more pics and subsequently offered asking price, didn't even try to negotiate. Funds were wired and car shipped. Here is his business web site....high end to say the least. If you haven't seen the site, it is worth a look.

http://export56.com/

He advertised 2233 for 33K pounds, about $49,000 today. He still had it in inventory last year. His ad is no longer up but here is his "sold" ad. How it got to Belgium is someone else's story.

http://export56.com/carsforsale/solditem.asp?SaleID=10

After reading the above ad more carefully, I note that my one year of ownership (wherein I installed the balloon tires on 14" Fuchs that Eric hates) has been totally disregarded! It was a FOUR owner car, plus the dealer. And further, Eric has been elevated to an affiliation with Excellence magazine. I hope "horizontally opposed" won't be offended! Marketing!
ConeDodger
I saw that car when I picked up the Bumblebee from Jim Chamber's house... You could have licked the tires those cars were so clean!
Porsche Rescue
Click to view attachmentGood to hear from you Rob. The bumlebee racer (aka das boat) is also now in Europe, is it not?

Here is 2233 in my former garage as you saw it.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Bumblebee is in Norway if the new owner ever got it unlocked. It turned out that the door handles were broken and I (probably you too) never locked it. The shipping company locked it up when it got onto the boat and Tron, the new owner called me at 7am our time to ask how to unlock it! I never knew there was a problem. I told him to get a coat hanger. I then thought, I wonder if they use wire coat hangers?
Porsche Rescue
Locks? Don't need no stinkin' locks! Don't think I ever put a key in the slot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.