Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 71/sixer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
smokey
Hey everyone;

The car is in santa cruz ca . The owner is a guy named Mike Acosta . I realy dont know the guy at all . We met on the west side one day , when i was in LILbasterd at natural bridges . He saw the car and followed me to a place i stopped at . He tells me of a 914 that he has . 1st thought was . Great--> hear we go again .
Ok so he started in with "NO. ITS a six" . So I started off with a HUMMMMM.

after ten seconds of hearing him talk about his hunny . I am so hooked . Its a Repainted Goldy 71 . In black. the car was converted by Gerry woods when he was with Garason . in Mountan view ca . the car then saw Dons autowerks for a nose oil cooler install . the motor is a a 3.0 sc carbed . Tranny is a 901 . The car is so very nice . the interior had a redo about tenn years back . it looks like it was done yesterday . the dash is baseball stitched . very nice. So very conpleat . the tool kitt has not moved its entire life. see front trunk pic .

Condition is . well . it needs a total sevice . the throw on the shifter is so off . when in neutral . the shift lever sitts way over to the Right . like its in fifth gear. The E brake mech is broken . the oil tank needs a boolilng out . it is very dirty . O and the belly of the car is covered in oil . inside and out . the cooler up front was prumbed threw the heater conal. thear is a leak somewear.

YES i was interested in it .I still can say . I want IT . With my daily as a 87 /911.
and a lott of cabadge in lil----> B... 74/3.2 . I just cant see myself extending my ass that much. That said . this car is thrown to the MASSES . Hear is what evryone wants

HOW MUCH Man .
hear is what he wanted when i was werken it. 14.500 As it sitts

The owner, the second. he ha s owned it since early 73 .

I realy cant give ya any more news . that is all i know . hear is Mikes phone number . 408.316.8465

PLease only call him if you are VERY TRULLY into talking about buying it. I kinda held him in my back pocket for six months . He DOSE NOT NEED TO GETT the car GONE . DO NOT TRY TO GETT IT ANY LOWER THAN HIS ASKING number. he will smile and say .. " NO ".

OK all
CHEERS

Rick
smokey
more
smokey
more
smokey
more
smokey
more
smokey
more
smokey
more
smokey
more
smokey
ok that it folks . I havent any morte pix
Joe Bob
I've seen worse.....
swood
QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 4 2009, 05:18 PM) *

I've seen worse.....

I've read worse...kinda.
smokey
QUOTE(swood @ Apr 4 2009, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 4 2009, 05:18 PM) *

I've seen worse.....

I've read worse...kinda.

TELL yourself .
Panamericana
The reference to the SC motor confused me -- is this an original six or a conversion?
Gustl
the VIN in the headline would indicate an original 914-6 from 1971

=> 914.1.43.0372

bye1.gif Gustl
Lavanaut
QUOTE(smokey @ Apr 4 2009, 05:37 PM) *

O and the belly of the car is covered in oil . inside and out . the cooler up front was prumbed threw the heater conal. thear is a leak somewear.

Sure that's oil under the seat? Looks like the black tar paper stuff that's been partially peeled away/removed, maybe?

QUOTE(Gustl @ Apr 5 2009, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Panamericana @ Apr 5 2009, 08:03 AM) *

The reference to the SC motor confused me -- is this an original six or a conversion?

the VIN in the headline would indicate an original 914-6 from 1971

agree.gif It's a factory six with a 3.0 SC engine conversion. I'm sure it's fun as hell, but it's too bad the original engine's not still in or at least with the car. sad.gif
Lavanaut

I've read worse...kinda.

Guy went quite a bit out of his way to show you something that you were obviously interested in, and all you can figure to do is slam him? WTF is going on around here these days? dry.gif
carr914
It's a very good price, just needs maintenance. All that oil will prevent rust.

I agree about the body-slams on someone just pointing out a car for sale, that sadly he can't afford.

T.C.
Cairo94507
Rick (aka SMOKEY)- Thank you so much for finding and posting this car. It is now in my garage and I am very happy. It needs work for sure but I drove it into the garage. Thanks again. Cairo94507
sixaddict
agree.gif
Check out the rust bucket on evilB ...its over 10K ...that will be a 30K car by completion or worse. sheeplove.gif
Cairo94507
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 9 2010, 06:49 PM) *

agree.gif
Check out the rust bucket on evilB ...its over 10K ...that will be a 30K car by completion or worse. sheeplove.gif

Yeah I saw it and thought that would be a nice candidate for a full restoration and media blast. Lots of $$$.
smokey
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Apr 6 2009, 10:15 AM) *

I've read worse...kinda.

Guy went quite a bit out of his way to show you something that you were obviously interested in, and all you can figure to do is slam him? WTF is going on around here these days? dry.gif

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 9 2010, 05:24 PM) *

Rick (aka SMOKEY)- Thank you so much for finding and posting this car. It is now in my garage and I am very happy. It needs work for sure but I drove it into the garage. Thanks again. Cairo94507

Great to hear u bought that car. Mike took great cair of that car . Bring it back to GOLD..

beerchug.gif
ANCHOR STEAM
DAYTONA
smoke.gif
Cairo94507
Great to hear u bought that car. Mike took great cair of that car . Bring it back to GOLD..[/quote]

That may be a problem...I hate Gold (really). It is likely going to be a complete color change to Ivory White. The fact that it no longer has the 2.0 and has been color changed once gives me some comfort in this thought. But paint is a ways down the road so who knows what could happen. Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.