Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Cover Opinions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pktzygt
My last car came with an el cheapo car cover and it is toast. This time around I'm doing it right with a nice custom fit cover. But which one would be concidered doing it right? And who sells them?

It's got to be useable outdoors just in case. I was thinking about the Technalon Evolution or the NOAH.

Any ideas?
Slick914
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 5 2009, 04:22 PM) *

My last car came with an el cheapo car cover and it is toast. This time around I'm doing it right with a nice custom fit cover. But which one would be concidered doing it right? And who sells them?

It's got to be useable outdoors just in case. I was thinking about the Technalon Evolution or the NOAH.

Any ideas?

I had a custom Wolf cover made of the Noah fabric. It was a nice cover. The fabric is pretty thick. If you plan to use it outdoors once in awhile it's a good choice. I'm sure the Technalon Evolution is a good choice as well.
Slick914
Wanted to add that Summitracing.com sells a Technalon Evolution cover made by Wolf for $100. It's not a true custom fit cover, but it's about half the price. I currently have a universal for my 914 and it fits surprisingly good.
pktzygt
QUOTE(Slick914 @ Apr 5 2009, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 5 2009, 04:22 PM) *

I had a custom Wolf cover made of the Noah fabric. It was a nice cover. The fabric is pretty thick. If you plan to use it outdoors once in awhile it's a good choice. I'm sure the Technalon Evolution is a good choice as well.

I was actually leaning toward the Noah because of the dent protection.
Slick914
Actually, the other one offers better protection against dents while the Noah is more weather resistant.
smontanaro
Noah... This is God...

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
pktzygt
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Apr 6 2009, 02:35 PM) *

Noah... This is God...

Very helpful biggrin.gif

With all the rain today, I think you might be on to something.
markb
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Apr 6 2009, 11:35 AM) *

Noah... This is God...

I think I actually heard Bill Cosby in my head....... I must have gotten up too early this morning......
nsr-jamie
Me too. I need a high quality cover for my 914 since we moved and my car is parked outside now with no roof. I need a cover for outdoors and something very strong to repel rain and high humidity here in Japan..

I checked out summitracing and they want a 25 dollar charge mad.gif on top of shipping to send to me here, are there any other shops who sell really nice quality covers that fit our 914's perfectly and will send to me in Japan as well.

I tried to find covers here locally but they are all cheap imports from Japan and my car might be better off without them. I am looking for a really nice cover to keep my car clean and safe. Any advice please

I also checked Ebay and am still researching but it would be nice to here from others with some experience, thank you.
Bill D
White Tyvec

Only cover material I know of that will not allow the paint to get damaged when the sun comes out after it's been rained on. Maybe not a problem in the cooler climates but here in the South heat and water between the cover and the paint don't mix.
tod914
In a hard down pour, the Noah will seep water. Double covers work well with the Noah as a base. In the past I used a Cover King over the Noah. Haven't found one cover that will keep water out 100%. They seem to do ok for a while, then eventually loose their repellancy. You could also cover the Noah with a plastic tarp if your expecting heavy rain. But be sure to take it off after it stops. Moisture will be trapped underneath.
Perry has those targa covers which are excellent. Would reckomend one of those irregardless of what other cover you choose. Good luck!
Geezer914
Try California car covers. all different styles, all different prices. Custom fit to your car. Protect that expensive and hard to get interior from the UV rays! Spend money on a quality cover vs rediong the interior.
nsr-jamie
Hi, I tried that shop, are there any other good recommendations for some other shops....I am leaning towards the NOAH too unless something better is available...thank you
nsr-jamie
Any other shops or links out there??
bandjoey
www.coverkingcovers.com
Custom covers. Mine looks like it was custom sewn for the 914. Fits tight and like a glove. $180 shipped for an outdoor cover. Love it. Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.