Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type4 exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
starman
Does anyone know if a type 4 exhaust needs more room under the car then a on a 914?
Im considering this exhaust, http://classicvwparts.dk/popup_image.php?p...amp;language=da but it looks a bit larger then the original.
dlo914
Looks similar to the 4 tipped dual exhaust Monza muffler, but you might have to remove the rear valance for the muffler to clear.
starman
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Apr 5 2009, 10:49 PM) *

Looks similar to the 4 tipped dual exhaust Monza muffler, but you might have to remove the rear valance for the muffler to clear.

Well as luck will have it sad.gif the valance is already missing in action, not on the car when i got, and ive been unable to find on.

Will the muffler stay under the car, without sticking out under the rear bumper? exept of cause for the tail pipes themselves.
VaccaRabite
It will work. People use that style exhaust all the time. Looks cool, but no real performance gain over the stock muffler.

Zach
dlo914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 5 2009, 02:25 PM) *

It will work. People use that style exhaust all the time. Looks cool, but no real performance gain over the stock muffler.

Zach

I agree...there's not actual performance gain, unless it's from the seat of your pants and it'll be louder. On my previous 914 i had a bursch exhaust w/ a cherry bomb muffler and that became of an annoyance, so i traded a fellow 914'r for a stock banana muffler.
Al Meredith
I just looked at one of these two weeks ago. It will fit 1.7/1.8 exhaust but not a 2.0. Made in China and weighs about 30 lbs maybe more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.