Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: do I have to drain tranny to remove backup switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jk76.914
Title says it all, except that I don't want to drain the tranny out the switch bore...

thanks,
Jim
southernmost914
Yes or Go to the local marine/boat supply store and get a rubber exspanable bilge plug to stick in the bore. Worked for me biggrin.gif
Steve
Dr Evil
No. By letting it drain out of the switch bore, which will be a small trickle you wont lose much and it wont be hard wink.gif Just put a pan under the car when you do it.
jim_hoyland
What do you use to remove the switch ?
Dr Evil
I just use a wrench. If you leave the pin in the hole then it wont leak more than a few drops.
jk76.914
Thanks for the tips. Gotta get the backup lights working for inspection! I'll try next weekend.

Jim
Cap'n Krusty
The majority of the time, the problem is the pin. The Cap'n
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 6 2009, 07:40 AM) *

The majority of the time, the problem is the pin. The Cap'n

Krusty's right. My pin had worn and wouldn't reliably depress the switch far enough to get good contact.
jk76.914
Oh. The pin. I have a NOS pin. So that that mean I have to drain the tranny first? Thanks again, guys!
SGB
I think you could still do a fast switch...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Apr 6 2009, 04:52 PM) *

Oh. The pin. I have a NOS pin. So that that mean I have to drain the tranny first? Thanks again, guys!

No, you don't. You might lose a few drops, at most, unless you take a long lunch break in the middle of the job .................... The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Wow, I am hearing a lot of echos of what I said rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.