Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine harness diagrams Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
i am trying to figure out the differences in the pinout of the 1.8 vs the 2.0 and i did a search, every thread stops with jeff bowlsbys website. This must be the place with all the answers. but it will not load sad.gif

i am a visual person, and the wiring diagrams make me dizzy. I want my new 1.8 wired right the first time.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_harnesses/

hissyfit.gif
JeffBowlsby
J, Which diagrams do you need, PM me your email address I will email them to you.

Rennlist has been down a lot lately... mad.gif
type47
I would say that you should try to install the complete engine, ECU, wiring etc as a complete unit. It seems to me to be just a plug in installation. Disconnect the plugs at the relay board for the old engine system and plug in the new plugs with the new engine installation. If you're really dizzy looking at wiring diagrams, you're going to get a migrane trying to figure them out.
jsayre914
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 6 2009, 09:23 AM) *

I would say that you should try to install the complete engine, ECU, wiring etc as a complete unit. It seems to me to be just a plug in installation. Disconnect the plugs at the relay board for the old engine system and plug in the new plugs with the new engine installation. If you're really dizzy looking at wiring diagrams, you're going to get a migrane trying to figure them out.

i was hoping for plug and play, i have the complete unmolested setup.

seems to me the pinouts dont match, and there is a different number of wires in there.

nothing is ever easy
VaccaRabite
Did the 1.8 ship with the injection stuff? Or are you trying to make the L-jet work with D-jet?

Zach

type47
Explain what you mean by the "pin outs". The harnesses to the relay board connect by a 14 pin plug and a 12 pin plug and, unless someone messed with the positions of the connectors inside the plugs, should allow you to just plug in and it would be correct. The two FI systems are independent and there is no, to the best of my limited knowledge, crossover between them. Each has it's own AAR, cold start valve, plug into each ECU (which are different with different plugs into the ECU). Seems to me if you have the complete L-jet system, you should be able to plug in....
Dave_Darling
The Internet Wayback Machine is kinda slow and klunky, but it does have a 2006 copy saved:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060226021344/...ring_harnesses/

--DD
JeffBowlsby
We exchanged one email...I think this is what Joe needs:
jsayre914
cheer.gif Thanks
type47
Cool! You'll have this running in time for Hershey (unless this comment just woke up Murphy!) driving.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 6 2009, 05:48 PM) *

Cool! You'll have this running in time for Hershey (unless this comment just woke up Murphy!) driving.gif

I will get it to Hershey even if i have to push it there smile.gif

who is murphy?
type47

who is murphy?

Dang I hate being old(er)... biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 6 2009, 06:37 AM) *

The harnesses to the relay board connect by a 14 pin plug and a 12 pin plug and, unless someone messed with the positions of the connectors inside the plugs, should allow you to just plug in and it would be correct.

Unfortunately, that is not correct ...

There are differences in the pin layout between the years.
shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.