Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tow bars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
What is the preferred tow bar for the 914?
Where do I want to go to buy one?
Who is the guy that sells the adapter brackets here?

Thanks
Zach
plas76targa
Zach - I recommend getting the bracket from David Lee - sure hope he still makes them. Check the vendor classifieds. With his bracket you can choose the beetle (super?) beetle type TOW BAR 0r the adjustable generic one. IM me your email and I think I can send you pics of my set up. If I could search I might find you an old link from here.
computers4kids
Very nice setup, tows fantastically. I have the super beetle version. Yes, he still makes them.
IPB Image
pktzygt
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 6 2009, 11:00 AM) *

Very nice setup, tows fantastically. I have the super beetle version. Yes, he still makes them.
IPB Image

I haven't used mine yet, but it seems very well built. Here is where I got my tow bar and pin.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=729501
http://www.rennenmetal.com/products.asp?cat=2
I got LED lights on ebay for cheaper than the standard ones at harbor freight.
plas76targa
Zach, Rennenmetal is David Lee. Quality product! It's what I was putting on my car when we were all at Rods' shop last fall - or was that a year plus? I used it last summer to take my car to Autocross - flat tow's fine. Magnetic light for the TS and you're there.
VaccaRabite
I bought the RennMetal superbeetle bar, and contacted the guy selling the $53 super beetle tow bars. Likely I will be towing my car to Hershey, but Dammit it will be there.

Zach
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 6 2009, 06:21 PM) *

I bought the RennMetal superbeetle bar, and contacted the guy selling the $53 super beetle tow bars. Likely I will be towing my car to Hershey, but Dammit it will be there.

Zach

mabey i could hook my car to yor rear bumper and we could have a 914 caterpillar
chair.gif
plas76targa
Zach,
meant to mention this - the tow bracket I have doens't work with a stock valence. Does work fine with the GT style. I have the other style - not the Super Beetle
VaccaRabite
Heh. my car doe not yet have a valence. Someday maybe...

Zach
VaccaRabite
Hitch for my suby, SB tow bar, and RennMetal attachment plate bought. Assuming I get the car aligned, there should e nothing but torrents of rain that keep it home for Hershey.

Zach
pktzygt
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 6 2009, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 6 2009, 06:21 PM) *

Zach

mabey i could hook my car to yor rear bumper and we could have a 914 caterpillar
chair.gif

I justlaughed out loud and my coworker next to me looked at me crazy when I tried to explain why I thought that was funny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.