Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel stud length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
I am converting the existing 4 lug, stock 914 to 5 lug.

I will be using 996 Boxster wheels.

What length stud will I need?
SirAndy
QUOTE(toon1 @ Apr 6 2009, 10:03 AM) *

I am converting the existing 4 lug, stock 914 to 5 lug.
I will be using 996 Boxster wheels. What length stud will I need?

Measure the wheels, add any spacers you want to run, then add whatever you need for your lugnuts and you're there.

Personally, i just went with the 100mm studs and open steel lugnuts. Now i can run different wheels and spacers and i never have to worry about running out of threads ...
shades.gif Andy
RJMII
Yeah, what Andy said.

Which wheels are the 996 wheels? got pics?
toon1
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 6 2009, 12:25 PM) *

Yeah, what Andy said.

Looking at you avitar, I think the are the same wheels you have.
RJMII
QUOTE(toon1 @ Apr 6 2009, 01:55 PM) *

Yeah, what Andy said.

I'll go measure my studs for you. =o) and my avatar is about to change to another angle...

Which size are you running where? Want pictures of any other angles to help you out in your swap?

You going 911 front end, or redrilling the front rotors from 4 to 5?

-Jim
toon1
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 6 2009, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(toon1 @ Apr 6 2009, 01:55 PM) *

Yeah, what Andy said.

I'll go measure my studs for you. =o) and my avatar is about to change to another angle...

Which size are you running where? Want pictures of any other angles to help you out in your swap?

You going 911 front end, or redrilling the front rotors from 4 to 5?

-Jim

If you mean wheel size, I have 7"s for the back 6" front.

For now I am going to re drill the fronts and use stock 914 stuff. i will eventually get a 911 setup for the front.

Thank's for the help
Bruce has some 76 mm studs for sale in the class section for sale
RJMII
QUOTE(396 @ Apr 6 2009, 03:19 PM) *

You might need the spacers he has, too. 21mm is just shy of an inch...? (24.5mm = inch?)

I'm running 1" spacers up front with my 911SC front end. I'm running 6's up front and 7's in the rear. The tires are the stock Boxster tires.

On the rear I've got redrilled stock units (Thanks Eric!). I might have to space one of them out about 7-8mm, and roll my fenders.

The electricity was out at my parents house, so I couldn't see in the shop to measure the studs I have.

Which angles of pics would you like? I'll be back out there again in the morning.
toon1
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 6 2009, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Apr 6 2009, 03:19 PM) *

You might need the spacers he has, too. 21mm is just shy of an inch...? (24.5mm = inch?)

I'm running 1" spacers up front with my 911SC front end. I'm running 6's up front and 7's in the rear. The tires are the stock Boxster tires.

On the rear I've got redrilled stock units (Thanks Eric!). I might have to space one of them out about 7-8mm, and roll my fenders.

The electricity was out at my parents house, so I couldn't see in the shop to measure the studs I have.

Which angles of pics would you like? I'll be back out there again in the morning.

I do have the same wheels. From what I understand, 7's will fit on the back, no spacers or fender rolling.

The turtle girl car had the same wheels with 225/55 all the way around.

If it's too much trouble, don't worry about the pics. , just a stud length is great.
RJMII
I take my camera phone with me everywhere. Pictures are easier than digging out the tape measure. LOL PM me w/a cell # and I can send them right to you in the morning. It's laundry day and I'll be twiddling my thumbs in between loads anyways.

From what I understand... after trying to shove my 225's up in the fenders... is that they don't fit. wink.gif They'll need rolled, and one side will need spaced. (On my setup anyways)

This pic was while we were getting it ready to go into the shop last summer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.