Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E85 TIV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmill
I'm thinking with 105 octane I could get the compression way up there and make some serious HP. Has anyone tried this?
SirAndy
Race motors measure their life expectancy in hours ...
shades.gif Andy
jmill
True, but it's usually due to sneaking past redline and valve train wear. If I don't go crazy with the lift and keep the RPM's in check the lifespan of the engine shouldn't be compromised as much. My main concern is heat, head studs and a fuel system that doesn't get chewed up.

Jake Raby, have you toyed with this??
Jake Raby
E85 has not made it to my area yet... I have no direct experience with it due to this.

I have worked with a couple of customers that have used it, but unfortunately all of our tuning defaults and engine combos are blown out of the water when it is applied (they have been so far).

The fuels our engines burn will soon dictate what we can do, or can't do... Its already happening in some areas of the country as I have had to alter my set ups for engines used on the west coast already.
byndbad914
you can push the compression up to 11:1 pretty easily with the 85. Keep in mine tho' that in cold climates like here in CO and certainly in WI that typically in the winter they go down to around 70%, which requires a change in tune. Lots of turbo guys out here use it, crank the boost up during the summer and during winter go down in tune to match the E70 mix.

Go over 11:1 in an area that gets down to E70 and depending on cam and dynamic cylinder pressure, etc etc it might be a bit too much static compression.

My next project car (which will not be a Porsche) will be an E85 setup as it is plentiful here in the Denver area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.