Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California Festival of Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I went to the Calfironia Festival of Speed at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana Ca. over the weekend. The turn out for this event has gotten smaller every year and this year I'm afraid was no exception. They used to have an auto cross, swap meet and many vendors. The bad economy is really hurting events like this as well. here are some pics.
Elliot Cannon
and
Elliot Cannon
TTOD av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
Gorgeous!!
Elliot Cannon
I only saw two 914's racing. Five were in the Porsche corral on Saturday and me and only two others on Sunday.
Elliot Cannon
Sorry to see this happen to what started out as a great event.
maf914
I went to the November HSR weekend at Daytona and the numbers were really down from previous years. I think it will be a tough time for auto-racing in general with the current economy. The ALMS has taken a big hit, and the IRL and Rolex series are also affected. I guess club events and vintage series aren't immune to the times.

BTW, that's a good looking 914 in your first photo. And it has a for sale sign on the front bumper. Thanks for sharing. beerchug.gif
drew365
There were supposedly 170 cars registered, so that's a pretty good registration number. In your pics: #168 is Caroline Pappas and #271 is Dan Davis, both POC racers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.