Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Strap for shift linkage cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jonferns
Looking for the metal strap that holds the shift linkage plastic cover on. Looking for a very nice condition piece, thanks. Pic of piece:

Click to view attachment
type47
No, no, no..... go to local hardware store and get a stainless steel hose clamp. Who do you think you are, Pat Garvey? rolleyes.gif

P. S. Whoops, just looked closely at your avatar, sorry Mr. Garvey.
jonferns
laugh.gif That's Mr. Garvey Jr. to you! Going for originality here folks, anyone with the proper strap?
RJMII
I might have one, but I"m going to charge you a ridiculous amount of $$ for it so I can justify using a stainless steel hose clamp from the hardware store.

If you really want to be original, try electrical tape. smile.gif no one expects the electrical tape... they're all pre-occupied with the grey stuff.

(I'll look while I'm out at my dad's shop tomorrow, I think I have two, one for me and one for you)
jonferns
Thanks man, let me know. Not sure about paying a ridiculous amount of money for it though, but I WON'T use a stainless hose clamp =P
dlo914
You WEENIE!
jk76.914
I have a new one. Send me $5 via PayPal to cover the padded envelope and postage, and it's yours. PM me with your address info, and I'll reply with my PayPal (email) address.
RJMII
oooh, a new one! certainly can't beat that price either.
jonferns
Hey Jim, I sent you a PM. Let me know whats up when you get a chance. bye1.gif
jonferns
icon_bump.gif

Still waiting for a response from Jim, anyone else have one?
jk76.914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 8 2009, 03:45 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

OK OK I sent the response. I couldn't get on this morning before work- couldn't find the server.... I'll post a picture to this thread on Saturday morning (or before), so you can see what I have. It's a 2 part, strap and tighten thingy. Jim
914werke
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 8 2009, 12:45 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Yep! smile.gif
jk76.914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 8 2009, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 8 2009, 12:45 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Yep! smile.gif

Got the picture. But I can't find the parts. Crap. You'd better find an alternate, and when I find them, I'll just put one in the mail to you- gratis.

Jim

Click to view attachment
jk76.914
[/quote]

Got the picture. But I can't find the parts. Crap. You'd better find an alternate, and when I find them, I'll just put one in the mail to you- gratis.

Jim

Click to view attachment
[/quote]

OK, so I thought of ONE more place, and I found them. So I'll get a set in the mail to you- no charge as promised. Do I have your address?

Kinda spooky though. Ever notice how you ALWAYS find what you're looking for IN THE LAST PLACE YOU LOOK? Someday, I'm going to keep looking AFTER I find whatever it is, just to see if the earth spins out of its orbit or something.
914werke
Looks like Jim has you covered bye1.gif
jonferns
Thanks guys bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.