Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Longer lug bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
I've picked up some wheel spacers to resolve my rear tires rubbing on the inner fender. I've searched for some 1/4 inch longer lug bolts with no luck. Anyone know where to find these?

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 7 2009, 05:51 AM) *

I've picked up some wheel spacers to resolve my rear tires rubbing on the inner fender. I've searched for some 1/4 inch longer lug bolts with no luck. Anyone know where to find these?

A quarter inch longer than what? Which wheels are you running? Having information like that enables us to give you a better answer.

The Cap'n
blitZ
oops, my mistake...

I have 4 lug Mahles. I'm looking for 14mm x 1.5 with a 43mm or close shank with the OEM ball seat. Black bolts are prefered, if available.

There appears to be various types of ball seat bolts, R12, R13 and R14. Anyone know which will fit these wheels?
blitZ
Just to answer my own question for future reference.

Our ball seats are R14. I found some with various lengths at RadUSADirect. They typically sell in 20 bolt boxes, but I was able to get just 8 with a phone call, great service.

Rad Direct
SGB
Hey Les! smile.gif

What size tires are you running in back? Stock wheels or some different offset?
CliffBraun
I'm a huge, huge, huge, huge (get the point yet?) fan of at least getting the screw in studs, it makes the wheels amazingly easier to get on. Just my $0.02, and I know you already got what you're looking for, but it's totally worth it if you do work on your car (or like the people who do tongue.gif).
Wilhelm
Nuther option:

http://www.swayaway.com/WheelStudsAndNuts.php
blitZ
QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 15 2009, 10:28 PM) *

Hey Les! smile.gif

What size tires are you running in back? Stock wheels or some different offset?

Hi Scott

I picked up some Yokohama S-drives in 205/55-15 and they are super fat. Combined with my negative camber, they would rub the inner fender wall in the rear. The quarter inch spacers I added are just right. They are mounted on OEM Mahles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.