Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1970 Porsche 914-6 VIN 9140431724
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
kckoch
Not as organized as I would like, but here it goes. I'm sure you will want pictures (couple of them in my blog from a few years ago) This car is tucked away under a cover in my garage in Florida, and It's just not easy to break out for Sale pictures. I will try and get some pictures of "concern areas" within the next couple of days, but in light of the reality of how painful it is to sell my treasure, I invite only serious buyers to please come see. I will do my best to get photo's up soon.

I am selling my 1970 Porsche 914-6 VIN 9140431724. I purchased this car years back with the intent to make a GT reproduction. I purchased the car with factory installed metal GT flares (rolled lip inside) and intended to do a complete ground up bolt by bolt rebuild. That was 2 children ago, and reality is I likely will never get the time to do what I want.

I have tons of $ into this car, but always knew that I would never see what i invested. I would like to sell as a complete package, but will seperate GT parts off as package. Here is my first attempt at hitting on some of the highs/lows.

Factory 1970 Porsche 914-6 VIN 9140431724 - although there are many boxes of parts, and additional parts, this car is a roller, complete with all parts (see engine below) to return to stock 6 minus the flares installed, and windshield glass.
Factory GT metal flares installed, PO rolled lip, and driver rear needs little massaging, and my lovely transport company bent in the passenger front (repairable).
Car was Signal orange, then painted black (poor home paint job). Paint is chipping and thus it's now a ugly mix of orange black.
Rust - I had two PPI's done on car and they identified two areas of concern. First is about 1cm of the lip on the front trunk, the part that holds the front trunk gasket has rust - easy fix. Second is toward the rear of the car, between the battery tray and the firewall for the rear trunk. On the wheel well there is a rust hole about half dollar size. Mysterious spot, but not complicated to fix. The battery tray top I removed as it had some rust around the lip, but the mount, under the mount and the hell hole all solid. Hell hole has a little surface rust, but solid none the less. I have new tray, and mount, along with old tray including

Longs are great shape (nasty paint) but solid. On the passenger side there are two of the support brackets welded to the long and the door threshold that have been bent back.

Upon further inspection I have determined that the cross member in the passenger compartment, the base lip of the crossmember has rusted, and some of the metal punched valleys in the floor pan have rusted, I assume from having H20 sit in them. There were no physical holes, however I took my screwdriver and pounded it with a hammer, and punched through. I wanted a perfect rust free car, so rather than anticipate how many patches would be necessary I have NIB floor pans, and reproduction cross member, along with a solid cross member from a donor car.

Dash top perfect, guages all work, origional key, all parts (maybe a couple misc easily accessable parts missing, but I can't figure it out). Car is in roller condition, Origional Transmission (I think I have an extra one as well) can't speak as to the condition other than used.

Has all the origional 6 parts, steering wheel, interior (maybe not door panels, but I did have them. Glass is all present minus windshield, and in great condition. Many parts have been cleaned, many still need to be cleaned, I will include my Glass Beed hopper I used to clean parts myself.

Engine - Car came with a 2.7S motor, that had CIS. I sent this motor to a well respected member here on the forum (soccerrace) for complete RS rebuild. It includes all the origional tins, most all oil lines, and fresh rebuilt perfect Webber Carbs and distb. The motor has been taken apart, and complete diagnostics of what needs to be done. Since this motor is not origional to car, and needs rebuild, I am selling the car without motor, however the purchaser of the car may have the motor, but must work with Soccerrace (I will provide detail and connection with him at time of sale). Assume this price is without engine, with option to have Soccerrace complete rebuild to your specs (which I highly recommend).

Car has origional Chrome bumpers and tops. I don't recall any dings or dents, but they are not Show quality, and to make them perfect one would want to re-plate them. You could polish and most would not know the difference.

I have many parts that I have collected (most GT, see below) and all non GT Parts are included in the Chassis price. I'm sure I don't recall all of them, but things like the rare targa seal NOS, multiple tail lights and housings, barely used Bilstien Shocks that are included. Relay board & covers

Car comes with 8x15 Mahle/BBS whees in front, adn 10x15 in rear. One has small lip damage, and is off car. Car has steel wheel in place. I have a NIB Chassis Cart, with large wheels, but I have never taken out of the box. It will come with car.

GT Parts Collection (Not all inclusive, as I have forgotten many parts)
S Calipers, completely rebuilt, anodized finish - Beautiful
NOS Tail lenses
German turn signal housings (I think lenses are new, but in great shape if used)
2 sets of GT fiberglass bumpers. One set has the opening for front oil cooler along with valance
GT Fiberglass side skirts
GT Front Oil Coller housing
GT front Oil Cooler Behr - this is the replacement 906 NOS See armando's site for details
GT Thermostadt
GT Oil console
GT Oil console spacer
Most all of the GT Oil lines (not including brass side lines, and cooler to brass lines) I have the hard ones to find. Most are reproduction, but almost impossible to tell. Armando would know the difference however, as many of you will by the lack of a color in the oil line itself.
GT Oil Filler neck, cad plated
GT Oil Filler neck cap (reproduction)
GT Battery cut off (for cowel)
GT Balsa front lid
GT Balsa Rear Lid
GT Front lid pins
NOS GT 914 Script emblem (for trunk)
NOS GT Porsche emblem for trunk release (cover)
NOS GT Oil overflow tank (for trunk)
GT real lid tie downs (rubber hold downs with brackets)
NOS GT Metal Flares all four never installed
AA metal flares all four never installed
Various Shell, Monte Carlo etc stickers to match origional
NIB door race number lights (forgot name) installed on the doors to light up race number bubble

I will try to add more detail and pictures once I get more organized, but I'm open to discusion please be gentle, I would like this to be as painless as possible. I may have overpaid for some of the items above, but did not want to compromise quality. This is all great stuff, please don't play games with me, no window shopping/tire kicking for sport.

Package deal $14K, take it all and run.
Chassis and non GT parts $8K bring your truck.

Thanks for looking.
6freak
My six is #1725
kckoch
Sisters! Cool

My direct contact info is:
kckoch@earthlink.net

Thanks

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 7 2009, 08:23 AM) *

My six is #1725

smg914
kckoch quote: I purchased the car with factory installed metal GT flares

Would you please clarify or elaborate on this. Is this sentence worded wrong or do you have documentatioin showing that your car was delivered with factory installed GT flares?
kckoch
For claifification, I do not belive, nor have proof that this car was delivered with GT flares from the factory. What I was told is that the dealer added them prior to sale. That is the likely scenario.

I do know that they are Porsche flares, not reproduction. Additionally, not to confuse people, this car has flares on it, and I have a NOS set seperate, along with AA set seperate. Total of 3 sets of flares, including those on the car.
carr914
Hi Kevin, sorry I didn't get back to you, but my contacts didn't seem like they wanted a project car.

If you sell the car without the GT parts, I would be interested in your Balsa Hoods. Also there was a guy on Armando's site looking for a set of Factory flares. I sold one of those Behr Oil Coolers 2 years ago for $2,400 as a reference.

Good Luck,
T.C.

gms
PM sent
Hi,

I'm interested in these parts:

GT Thermostadt
GT Oil console
GT Oil console spacer
GT Oil Filler neck, cad plated
GT Oil Filler neck cap (reproduction)

Shoot me an pm for asking...

Thanks
elferrad
Hi, I would like to see a few pictures of the 914-6, please - Klaus
Gustl
his avatar shows the car happy11.gif
rcarpen22
Since the car already has flares, would you be amenable to selling the extra set of steel flares? I have a '71 with a 3.2 in it and I am looking for factory steel flares. Thanks,
Rob
rcarpen22@yahoo.com
ChicagoPete
This is an ABSOLUTELY screaming deal! Take it from someone who completed a whole project similar to this!

I am right now trying to figure a way to swing the capital for the whole package.

Where did all your fiberglass come from? Who built the lids and bumpers?

Peter
kckoch
Peter, thanks most won't even know how good of a deal this is. Did some quick math the other day, and I have over 34k in stuff in this deal.

Bumpers are so old I don't know who made them. I got them from the PO who had this car sitting for 18 years in this condition, since he took it apart. Not sure how long he had it. I'm faily sure (for those of you getting excited) they are not Factory GT. The second set is just some MFG, not that old, don't know why I have them.

The Hoods I can't remember, but if I recall there was only one company making the balsa. I have not even pulled them out of the box, cause I didn't want them to get damaged. Just opened the top to make sure I got what I paid for. Think I dropped almos 5K on the lids.

All PM's replied, still for sale.

kckoch@earthlink.net
954-459-5642 cell.
9146racing
PM sent shades.gif
kckoch
Couple of photos
carr914
I just gave Kevin a Deposit. piratenanner.gif

Which means my Blue Car is now For Sale mad.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment
MDG
congratulations T.C. & Kevin. This one will be great!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.