Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flush Transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
knuckledrgr914
Anyone out there know of a good how to on flushing a 914 '70 trani? Also, thoughts on trani fluids?

Thanks,
Brad
charliew
I'm not sure why it needs flushing but I guess you could put some diesel in it and shake it around. I would not drive it without good lube in it though.
sww914
You don't need to flush a manual tranny. If you're worried about it drai in and fill it with new gear oil. Remove the fill plug first, if it doesn't come out you still have a driveable car. DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC. It is too slippery for our synchros. Use Swepco.
SirAndy
popcorn[1].gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 7 2009, 10:49 PM) *

You don't need to flush a manual tranny. If you're worried about it drai in and fill it with new gear oil. Remove the fill plug first, if it doesn't come out you still have a driveable car. DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC. It is too slippery for our synchros. Use Swepco.

Or you can resist the lure of the "Swepco Cult" and just by a good quality plain old GL-5 Gear oil, with NO ADDITIVES. If you have an urge to spend that largish amount of extra money, PM me and I'll give you my address so you can send it to me. You're welcome!

The Cap'n
knuckledrgr914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 8 2009, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 7 2009, 10:49 PM) *

Or you can resist the lure of the "Swepco Cult" and just by a good quality plain old GL-5 Gear oil, with NO ADDITIVES. If you have an urge to spend that largish amount of extra money, PM me and I'll give you my address so you can send it to me. You're welcome!

The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n! Anywhere I can save a little $$$ without sacrificing quality works for me.

Brad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.