Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got what I needed. Thanks.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
pktzygt
This thing at Pelican parts.

I hate to pay the $16.75 to use it once. I already have Dr. Evil's bolts to relace them with. I was hoping that someone would let me buy or even borrow the thing.

I will end up passing it on to the next poor soul in need when I'm finished with it.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 8 2009, 12:35 PM) *

I hate to pay the $16.75 to use it once. I already have Dr. Evil's bolts to relace them with. I was hoping that someone would let me buy or even borrow the thing.

I will end up passing it on to the next poor soul in need when I'm finished with it.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...CC%2DC10%2D7011

Your FLAPS will probably have one, too. That's where I got mine. Shop local!
pktzygt
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Apr 8 2009, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 8 2009, 12:35 PM) *

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...CC%2DC10%2D7011

Your FLAPS will probably have one, too. That's where I got mine. Shop local!

I love how it goes from $5.06 to $15.27 with shipping charges. I'm going to start searching auto parts stores i guess. All i have around me is Advance, Autozone and NAPA, and they might be dead ends.

underthetire
Think i used a torx socket to get all but one off. The one that didn't come off, vise grips removed it. I to installed cap screws instead. ( form orchard supply hardware though). AND YES THEY ARE THE SAME GRADE. I know that will come up. smash.gif
zonedoubt
NAPA is probably worth a shot. The "Lisle" tool line has the 12-point socket.
Gint
Just buy one locally. You'll need it more than once if you drive a 914 any length of time. NAPA has them for $6 ( I think it was $6, not much more than that for sure).
jonferns
Or your local aircooled vw shop would definetly have them! As with any CV tool, just make sure that you tap it into the bolt well so you don't strip the tool.
Elcid
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 8 2009, 01:35 PM) *

Hi,

Do yourself a favor head to your nearest NAPA store you can buy one for $6.95, you will use it more than once if you keep a 914! I have three but I live in Australia so that won't help you! DO NOT TRY AND USE A HEX KEY, IT WILL BREAK AND CAUSE YOU A WORLD OF HURT!

-E-
slackin' at work
I bought mine at my local napa. $6.

it's also called a "triple square bit"
beer3.gif

pktzygt
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Apr 9 2009, 09:06 AM) *

I bought mine at my local napa. $6.

it's also called a "triple square bit"
beer3.gif

Got one, thanks for the tip.
bandjoey
bought mine from the snap on truck. no postage lifetime guarantee.
orcadigital
Just FYI...

Napa calls it a Serrated Wrench. Part # 2304. Its an 8mm, and most stock it. Its just a bit though so you need to put it in a socket, but its cheap.

Grant
pktzygt
QUOTE(orcadigital @ Apr 12 2009, 02:07 PM) *

Just FYI...

Napa calls it a Serrated Wrench. Part # 2304. Its an 8mm, and most stock it. Its just a bit though so you need to put it in a socket, but its cheap.

Grant

That's what I ended up getting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.