Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914 Power Window Motors and drives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jim_hoyland
$25 Shipped in US. These were originall made for the 914. The motors mount in the lower rear section of the door. Power is transferred through a speedometer cable to the gearhead which drives the window crank. I DO NOT have the proper adaptor for the 914, you would still need this part. Motors work fine. No switches included.

See pics..
jim_hoyland
Gearheads: The upper unit has an adapter, but wron size-it will press out. The lower unit has no adapter in place, the teeth are nice on both
RJMII
I'm interested... the adaptor is a gear that goes from the larger set of teeth to match where at in the car?

what happens to the window crank? and the part that sticks out of the door that the window crank mounts to?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 8 2009, 02:19 PM) *

I'm interested... the adaptor is a gear that goes from the larger set of teeth to match where at in the car?

what happens to the window crank? and the part that sticks out of the door that the window crank mounts to?

The window crank is removed, the gearhead fits over the part that stick out of the door. The adaptor is a gear that goes from the larger set of teeth to the car.

I did a complete install with a similiar set up. Some minor mods have to be done, but not a big deal.

There's a Power Window install thread that Dr. Evil stated, FYI
RJMII
Do you have pictures of the one you installed?

oh, just saw that you mentioned Dr Evil's thread...
RJMII
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=48405

I'm reading it right now. =o)
RJMII
I made it to the last page, and here's a pic:

IPB Image

Did you cut a slot in your door to make it fit there?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 8 2009, 03:17 PM) *

I made it to the last page, and here's a pic:

IPB Image

Did you cut a slot in your door to make it fit there?

A slot is required, but there are several ways to do it. The picture is from the passenger side; the driver side is much cleaner. The units in the pic are universal and not the ones for sale.

The pair I'm selling have longer drive cables ( made for 914) and are a better fit all around
markb
I'll take them if they're still available.
jim_hoyland
Mark,

You be 2nd in line

Thanks, Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.