Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taillight fit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
horizontally-opposed
Just had my car painted, and while they fit evenly, I'm afraid my taillights aren't all the way "in" as you can see a little black on the sides, where the lights wrap around the body.

I've love to see some pictures of taillights on original cars, and especially as seen from the side of the car.

Many thanks!

pete
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 8 2009, 05:31 PM) *

Just had my car painted, and while they fit evenly, I'm afraid my taillights aren't all the way "in" as you can see a little black on the sides, where the lights wrap around the body.

I've love to see some pictures of taillights on original cars, and especially as seen from the side of the car.

Many thanks!

pete

Pete,

Are you using bushings to fit the lights? They're thin, round pieces that settle in after you tighten the white screw handles (for lack of a better term). If you see a little black, it's OK. So lomg as no H2O gets in, they should be allright.
Pat

ps: I can send pics this weekend if you still need them. LMK.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Some pics...
1970 Neun vierzehn
other side....
1970 Neun vierzehn
different angle....
1970 Neun vierzehn
last one....
jonferns
Showoff... tongue.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
I'm sorry sad.gif .

Should I have posted this confused24.gif unsure.gif
MDG
not sure how well this will show up - sorry, can't find a closer shot - but my lenses fit fairly snug to the quarter panel

Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
Pete,
Take a look at the members 914 pictures thread at the top of the Garage Forum. Though there are a lot of modified 914s pictured and not all the views would be helpful in your particular question, there are, however, numerous photos showing the rear 3/4 view. The later pages seem to have more and better quality pics than the earlier submissions.

Paul
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 9 2009, 03:47 PM) *

not sure how well this will show up - sorry, can't find a closer shot - but my lenses fit fairly snug to the quarter panel

Click to view attachment

This is the most helpful photo so far, but I need a close-up of this same angle.

Full-car shots just don't offer enough detail...

Thanks!!!

pete
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 8 2009, 07:44 PM) *

last one....

Also a useful shot, but a bit out of focus. And, couldya move a bit to the left?!?? biggrin.gif

pete
MDG
Same shot cropped and enlarged; might work better - sorry, these are the only ones I have on this computer

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
swm914
Click to view attachment Note sure how this will take..
Steve

Many thanks!

pete
[/quote]
jonferns
Paul, I was just kidding! Your car is amazing.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 8 2009, 05:31 PM) *

Many thanks!

pete

Pete,

You should see about 1/32" of black all the way around - that is the housing. The lenses seal against the housing pretty tightly (finger tight on the knobs), but a small amount of the housing (black) will be visible.

Got a closeup pic?

Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.