Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to me Book on 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Last week I was in Portland and got to spend a little time at Powell's Book Store. It is supposed to be the largest used bookstore in the country so I went to the car area looking for a deal on some new reading material. I found a copy of Brian Long's "Porsche 914 914-6". It's a pretty good read and has plenty of pictures that were new to me so, I enjoyed it. I used it to kill time at a convention.

Here's a cool picture of the cars being prepped for the Marathon de la Route. The parts kind of make you drool. I think this is the origin of the lost warehouse.

Click to view attachment

Here is Ralph Meaney on the banking at Daytona. Very cool

Click to view attachment

Plenty of artsy stuff too including girls in bell bottoms for us old guys.

Click to view attachment

Some of the history was a little different than I've read before but, I only found 1 mistake. Unless he was talking about Mexican pistons, I don't think he really wanted to say they used Mole pistons in a six.

Dave
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 8 2009, 03:43 PM) *

Last week I was in Portland and got to spend a little time at Powell's Book Store. l. I found a copy of Brian Long's "Porsche 914 914-6". I enjoyed it. I used it to kill time at a convention.

Dave

And of course , you did buy the book, right?
Gustl
there's another mistake in the book ...

don't speaking about a typo ... but a misinformation

find it and you could keep it biggrin.gif
johannes
In my opinion the best book you can buy. Lots of rare pictures.
KELTY360
Nice find Dave. Did you drive your 914 down to Portland?

DNHunt
No, drove the CRV. I've got 1000 miles on the new engine but, the farthest I've been is Federal Way. It's time for a little longer trip, say a teener Tuesday or I'm looking at April 19 in Portland for AX. The engine is doing well but, I'm not happy with the brakes yet.

Dave
maf914
The Brian Long 914 book is now in its second revised edition which had a fair ammount of material added to the first addition.

At Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-914-914-6-Co...7528&sr=1-1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.