Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Oxide Treatment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I had some -6 rear hubs that were really nasty. Lots of grease and surface rust. I cleaned them up and did a comparison. I think these parts were bare new. If I am incorrect let me know. Parts were treated and then coated with penetrating oil. I will let it dry and then hit them with a coat of high temp clear paint. Aslo included are some bearing caps that have been cleared.
McMark
Done your self? Or sent out? Does it build on the bearing surface?
914Sixer
I did them myself. Yes, they coated the bearing surface. Bearing surface area will be polished out with 0000 steel wool to gun barrel finish. I will not spray clear on the bearing surface though.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 8 2009, 05:22 PM) *

I had some -6 rear hubs that were really nasty. Lots of grease and surface rust. I cleaned them up and did a comparison. I think these parts were bare new. If I am incorrect let me know. Parts were treated and then coated with penetrating oil. I will let it dry and then hit them with a coat of high temp clear paint. Aslo included are some bearing caps that have been cleared.

Might wanna look into a product called "Evaporust". Makes ugly iron stuff look nice. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.