Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installing fog lights in a '75?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gary gartner

I just got some nice oem fogs from Michael, and went thru my Haynes last night, but cannot figuer out where the mounting stud goes on the bumper backing?
any one have a pic or sketch of the backside of the bumper?????
TIA

Gary
SLITS
Maybe I can get you an image later today if no one posts prior.
gary gartner

that'd be great, thanks Ron
Gary
zonedoubt
If your car didn't come with fogs the mounting brackets on the inside of the bumper aren't there. I installed fogs on my '75 and had to fabricate some L-brackets with slots in them. There's a diagram in a topic on this board. Just have to find it...
zonedoubt
Not here. Over here: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....ghlight=bracket
gary gartner

Thanks, Zonedoubt, I feel a little more comfortable, with that info.

So I need to fab an L bracket, slot it appropriately and mount to the the bumper backing??I can do this.

Appreciate the input, you re at the top of "My Hero" list toda

Gary
veltror
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Apr 9 2009, 04:15 PM) *

If your car didn't come with fogs the mounting brackets on the inside of the bumper aren't there. I installed fogs on my '75 and had to fabricate some L-brackets with slots in them. There's a diagram in a topic on this board. Just have to find it...

Mine did not come with fogs but the brackets were there, smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Didn't all the '75s have provision to mount the lights ? You's have to remove the bumper to see.

Loosen the bumper shocks when you pull the bumper. It will make alignment of the main bolts easier when you replace the bumper.Main bumper nuts are 19MM
zonedoubt
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 9 2009, 03:12 PM) *

Didn't all the '75s have provision to mount the lights ? You's have to remove the bumper to see.

Mine didn't come with the bracket, only the space in the bumper for the fog to fit through (after cutting the rubber).

Mine did not come with fogs but the brackets were there,

Maybe it had them at one time? Perhaps the factory did runs of bumpers with and without brackets. Even though the option wasn't purchased by the buyer, some cars ended up with brackets. confused24.gif

In any case, fab'ing a couple brackets is quite easy.
porschecb
I made mine out of plumbers tape. But dont take the rubber off the bumper! It is a bitch to get back on. (ask me how i know)
charliew
Used rubbers always were hard to get back on especially after they were washed.
gary gartner

Morning, guys
Mine looked like the brackets had been removed. after cutting the rectangle thru the rubber, and placing the lightsthere is a quarter round notch right where the bracket should be.

fabed up brackets last night ,

thanks for all the help smilie_pokal.gif

Gary
gary gartner

Oh, BTW, I know it isn't easy, but if you don't remove the rubber cover,
you don't see ALL the rust inside where the "tits" mount onto the metal bumper.
I am adding bunch o' wire brush and Por 15 to the reassembly list.

Gary driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.