Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it just me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
Half the time I try to log in, it is not there! problems?
MBowman325
Our network guys had been screwing around with a switch earlier ("it's not hooked up to anything" - BS!) causing a few outages, but I've noticed it as well.

Things have been dead slow here, until fiasco with Network today, so the world is my timekiller. Looks better than playing nethack.

My first thought yesterday was that the Datacenter raid I'd heard about involved a machine with the world site hosted in there. Glad that appears to have not been the case.

Andy, if we need to change the squirrel...
SirAndy
QUOTE(MBowman325 @ Apr 9 2009, 11:55 AM) *

Andy, if we need to change the squirrel...

The squirrel is tired ... biggrin.gif

Finally figured out what software is causing the trouble.
However, fixing it is going to be a bitch. I need to recompile some stuff with versions of system libraries that haven't been available in 10 years ...
blink.gif Andy
RJMII
Wasn't working for Charlie the other day, either.

av-943.gif

Gene
happening to me as well. It's a crapshoot as to whether the site is up or not when I load a topic or even just try to get here. You guys doing some kind of round-robin or load balancing stuff on the servers?
justme
QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 9 2009, 10:47 AM) *

Half the time I try to log in, it is not there! problems?

No, it's "justme" smile.gif
charliew
You know I thought the old person afflection had me. I went back to club to say it was back up and couldn't find my thread. Then I really thought things were going to s**t so I decided I better go outside and go to work before I forgot what I was going to do.

What was complicating things was I have been going back and forth between a verizon air card and a at&t quicksilver air card and hughes net trying to decide which is the most reliable and the fastest out here in the country.
McMark
'They' like to delete threads about 'us'. rolleyes.gif
charliew
I forgot about it till I saw RJMII's post and thought mabe I'm really still ok.
RJMII
I had to get a screenshot of that one, I KNEW it was going to disappear. lol

it was gone w/in 5 minutes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.