Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road Atlanta PCA Club Race video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
I posted a video that I put together from the Road Atlanta CR last night. Yes, it's to music, so if you don't like race video's that have music, tough. smile.gif It's just something fun I was messing around with last night over a bunch of beer. I did it once before and have learned a little more about Microsoft movie maker (like it sucks, but hey, I got it free).

Anyway, just thought the song made for a good race video. I'm not looking for critique of my video, my driving, or anything else (I only have one full lap so not much to rip me apart about). Just thought I would share with the good people of 914world.

Go Here and click on the RA 2009 video (or whatever other videos you want to watch.)

Enjoy!
914helo
Nice video driving.gif Thanks for sharing.
JFJ914
Nice video, Bob. Its' always great to see a 914 passing all those 911's! beerchug.gif
drew365
Nice job editing the video. I didn't know you could do that good of a job with Microsoft MM. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I'm trying to decide whether to place my camera to get more out of the windshield like you did or to leave it back where it catches my hands on the wheel. What are you using for sound capture? I have a 12v mic under my dash wrapped in cloth that sounds like crap. I may buy a completely new video system just because of the lousy sound I get.I put music in all my videos but I like editing and I put together lots of instumental out takes of my favorite bands and try to keep enough of the original car audio at a level that keeps the focus on the driving action instead of the music. Not being critical, just comparing notes. Looks like you're having fun.
naro914
It came about because when I heard the Linkin Park song, I thought it would make for a good video for a club race weekend. I didn't quite have enough video for what i wanted to do, but it worked out ok.

I don't disagree, I think I cut down the car sound a bit more than I should have.

The one thing I don't like about Movie Maker is it seems to keep putting hesitations in the video for no apparent reason.... no clue why.

I just use the mic on the camera - it's a sony handycam, nothing special, but pics up sound really well. Listen to some of the other club race videos with no music and you can hear the engine. It's mounted on the harness guide bar right off my right shoulder. I'd like to to be a bit more wide angle but not bad.
'73-914kid
I was just lookin at the highlights from '07....

How much bodywork was lost on those 944's? It seems like almost evey time in turn 1 a 944 lost it?!
naro914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Apr 15 2009, 01:08 AM) *

I was just lookin at the highlights from '07....

How much bodywork was lost on those 944's? It seems like almost evey time in turn 1 a 944 lost it?!

Yeah, there were a lot of crazy drivers in that race, thought they could out-brake me on the inside of T1 - not happening. I gave the room, knowing they were going to spin off! Not many actually hit anything, just a lot of bouncing off into the dirt. It's a pretty long way to the wall there. Made for some nice video though smile.gif
Mugs914
This is one of the pics I got at Road Atlanta this year...

Great weekend in spite of the monsoon.

Thanks Bob, great vid.
naro914
Nice! I'm glad I stayed in the paddock until Sunday smile.gif
kyhunting
Cool video ! I was in the Gulf Blue and Orange 914-6. Wet and Cold weekend.

David
naro914
Hey David,
VERY nice car. Beautiful.
I stayed off the track until Sunday. Slicks and rain do not go well together... smile.gif
kyhunting
Thank you. I stayed off also. It was my first time at Atlanta. My first time out on the track was the black flagged practice. Not much time. Then the race. Needless to say I was lost on the track. By the time the enduro started I felt much better (still very slow... but at least could tell what was over the next hill.)

David

QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 30 2009, 01:55 PM) *

Hey David,
VERY nice car. Beautiful.
I stayed off the track until Sunday. Slicks and rain do not go well together... smile.gif

naro914
Sounds like my first time at RA. First lap of the first practice, I smell gas real strong. I look over onto the passenger floorboards and it's 1/2 inch of gas!!! So I sloooowly drive back to the pits. Turns out I forgot to put the gas cap back when I completely filled the tank and it was sloshing all over the place.

OK, next practice - broke a CV joint at turn 5 on the out lap and got towed in. Took the rest of the afternoon to source and replace it, so my first full lap around the track was in the practice starts! Up to then, I had never crossed start/finish, never come down the hill at 11/12, never stood on the brakes at 10a, etc. Quite and experience to say the least....

Now, Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks. Even with a slower car and that long back straight, I really like the track.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.