Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D@MMIT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
To go with the fact that I have no job...Last night I broke my right collarbone.

Now my AX participation is on hold, I get to go to Talimena as a PASSENGER, I can't fix the oil leak on my car, I can't change the starter on Betty's car, I can't do SQUAT for about 6 weeks!!!! I have to wear this harness to keep my shoulders back so the bone can heal, and Betty says it looks like a BRA!!!

And it freaking HURTS to get up off the couch. headbang.gif

So the Television is my best friend. Anyone have any movie suggestions??

1970 Neun vierzehn
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, at least you are not hospitalized.

You can now spend some time becoming a 914 World post whore type.gif

or,

Go through all your back issues of PANO and post all relevant information to this site,

or,

take up a passive, constructive hobby (modeling planes, cars, model railroading, photography, knitting biggrin.gif , learn a foreign language.

Paul
rick 918-S
No Mans Land, Grand Prix, Lemans and any flix Betty will let you watch. shades.gif

How did you break your collar bone? confused24.gif
iamchappy
Clay i know it sucks being injured but there are many of us that could drive our cars if the damn things were running. I bet your healed up and driving before most of us....
Lay around on the couch and drink more beer.......Doctors orders....
MDG
sorry to hear this. I feel your misery - broke my collar bone when I was a kid and even chewing food hurt. Broken ribs are worse though; you don't know true terror until you have busted ribs . . . and you feel a sneeze coming on.

take it easy - hope it heals fast
MBowman325
Clay,

That's wretched! I hear there's some interesting PMs at the club site... smile.gif

Here's wishing for a speedy recovery!
Dr Evil
Pussy dry.gif I have Percocets, wood screws and some sheet steel. I can fix ya up if ya want. I wont even charge you smile.gif
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 9 2009, 04:17 PM) *

Clay i know it sucks being injured but there are many of us that could drive our cars if the damn things were running. I bet your healed up and driving before most of us....

agree.gif

Total bummer but they actually heal pretty quick... unlike my worn out clutch...

Hey do you think I could get a gynaecologist to replace my clutch by going in through the muffler?
markb
While you're sitting around, can ya try & find your /6 steering column conversion pics & post how ya done it?
KaptKaos
Bummer.

Movies: See if you can find a torrent of "Love the Beast" and download it. If you find it, let me know cause I want to see it too! av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 9 2009, 06:11 PM) *

No Mans Land, Grand Prix, Lemans and any flix Betty will let you watch. shades.gif

How did you break your collar bone? confused24.gif

I have a Yellow belt in Kung Fu San Soo. I was working out with a guy last night, and for whatever reason I didn't rotate far enough coming out of a flip. I landed on the front of my shoulder. It is a greenstick fracture. I am able to use both hands, but it will be 4 to 6 weeks before I can do much more than type.

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 9 2009, 06:17 PM) *

I don't drink.. but I am seriously considering taking your advice.

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 9 2009, 06:32 PM) *

Pussy dry.gif I have Percocets, wood screws and some sheet steel. I can fix ya up if ya want. I wont even charge you smile.gif

I could use the percocet. I am just taking 600mg Ibuprofin.

QUOTE(markb @ Apr 9 2009, 06:38 PM) *

While you're sitting around, can ya try & find your /6 steering column conversion pics & post how ya done it?

I already found them. I will get them posted for you asap.

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Apr 9 2009, 06:43 PM) *

Bummer.

Movies: See if you can find a torrent of "Love the Beast" and download it. If you find it, let me know cause I want to see it too! av-943.gif

I am afraid to ask what "Love the Beast" is.......

Thanks for the support from everyone. Robyn Howard just called and volunteered to have Travis come over and change the starter on Betty's car.

It's great to have friends like y'all. Thanks. pray.gif

RJMII
"Love the Beast" is a car movie. =o) Eric Bana and Jay Leno...

It barely hit Cinemas in .au.

http://www.lovethebeast.com.au/

Sorry about your collar bone...
KaptKaos
Try that Clay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7UHXEbZw3w
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Apr 9 2009, 07:05 PM) *

Ok.. that is officially on my list of movies to see when it comes to the US.

Thanks!
Gary
Busted mine in January snowboarding - pretty well killed the season. Takes about 2 weeks before moving doesn't hurt. It took fully 10 before I could sleep on my right side again. Tell your wife the figure of 8 doesn't look anything like a bra; well Ok maybe a man bra...
Grngoat
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 9 2009, 07:14 PM) *

QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Apr 9 2009, 07:05 PM) *

Ok.. that is officially on my list of movies to see when it comes to the US.

Thanks!

First of all . . . Wow that looks awesome. I knew Eric Bana had a cool car, but that looks really, really cool. I can already tell I'm going to cry when they crash.

There's nothing wrong with that.

BUT - Dr Phil???? WTF.gif Who's idea was that?

Second, I broke my collarbone about 18 years ago. Sucks. But it does heel pretty well - unlike an ACL. About 6 weeks, you'll be good as new. Worst part is when you wake up in the morning, still groggy, not thinking about it and try to sit right up. You realize real fast that it hurts. Getting out of bed is kind of like getting out of a 914 now - you have to roll out. Fortunately, it was winter so I wore a lot of sweaters and was able to hide the bra brace. You'll just look weird(er).

Give me a call if you need me to come over and put Betty's starter in. You're close man. I'm gonna be replacing my struts Saturday, but that won't take long and I'll be in a 914 fixin' mood. smash.gif

I have every single episode of Top Gear since the reboot with Clarkson - the hourlong with no commercials BBC version . I can bring a copy. That would keep you entertained for a while.
hot_shoe914
Sorry about your collarbone, they hurt like hell, I know from experience. Snapped the leftone and fractured the right one when I totaled the creamsicle. Takes awhile but Lortab helps a lot.
ClayPerrine
Thanks guys.

Avery, I appreciate the offer to help with the starter. Travis already offered too. But I have it covered. My beautiful bride is quite handy with a wrench, and she has said that she will put in her starter. And she gets to change the alternator too. I put a used one in the other day, and it is whining.

It is going to be fun to just sit in the folding chair and supervise.

Thanks again.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 10 2009, 01:00 AM) *

Thanks guys.

Avery, I appreciate the offer to help with the starter. Travis already offered too. But I have it covered. My beautiful bride is quite handy with a wrench, and she has said that she will put in her starter. And she gets to change the alternator too. I put a used one in the other day, and it is whining.

Thanks again.

Get pics! shades.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif You can opporate a camera right? biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 9 2009, 03:53 PM) *

To go with the fact that I have no job...Last night I broke my right collarbone.

Now my AX participation is on hold, I get to go to Talimena as a PASSENGER, I can't fix the oil leak on my car, I can't change the starter on Betty's car, I can't do SQUAT for about 6 weeks!!!! I have to wear this harness to keep my shoulders back so the bone can heal, and Betty says it looks like a BRA!!!

And it freaking HURTS to get up off the couch. headbang.gif

So the Television is my best friend. Anyone have any movie suggestions??

See ..The World Fastest Indian ..one of the best movies ive seen in 45 years
Sleepin

See ..The World Fastest Indian ..one of the best movies ive seen in 45 years

agree.gif

Netflix is your friend!

I have had a bruised collar bone before and even that sucked! Sorry to hear it!
cooltimes
Tornado hit Mena, Arkansas last night.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/usTopNews/id...E5391KS20090410

Cool

Photos of Mena damage in this Edit to show link:
http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/news/?cid=210142
maf914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 9 2009, 02:53 PM) *

I have to wear this harness to keep my shoulders back so the bone can heal, and Betty says it looks like a BRA!!!

Sorry about the collar bone.

The mention of the bra reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and George's dad were marketing a bra for men who needed support. They called it the "BRO". laugh.gif

Get better soon.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 10 2009, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 10 2009, 01:00 AM) *

Thanks guys.

Thanks again.

Get pics! shades.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif You can opporate a camera right? biggrin.gif

I am going to have the camera and a drink while sitting in a folding chair.

She has it easy.. she gets to use the lift instead of laying on her back.

We need a wrench wielding smiley.

Thoward914
Clay,

Will Betty be changing the starter and alternator on Saturday? sawzall-smiley.gif
I can come by and watch with you.........if you have some beer drunk.gif
Let me know what time.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Apr 10 2009, 07:44 PM) *

Clay,

Will Betty be changing the starter and alternator on Saturday? sawzall-smiley.gif
I can come by and watch with you.........if you have some beer drunk.gif
Let me know what time.

I can't get a replacement alternator until next week. So it will be NEXT Sat, not this one.

Oh.. and maybe you can get Robyn to come help her and we can BOTH sit and watch the women work....... hide.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.