Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Dealer Parts from Germany
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I ordered 2 sets of LE front spoiler under the bumper brackets. I shot the picture of the unopened parts bags. One set is in red primer and the other set is yellow zinc. Things that make you go HUMMMMM! WTF.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 9 2009, 04:18 PM) *

I ordered 2 sets of LE front spoiler under the bumper brackets. I shot the picture of the unopened parts bags. One set is in red primer and the other set is yellow zinc. Things that make you go HUMMMMM! WTF.gif

If those were NOS, wouldn't those labels be in German?
stirthepot.gif Andy

Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 10 2009, 12:25 AM) *

If those were NOS, wouldn't those labels be in German?

maybe these were NOS parts for the US market only confused24.gif

914Sixer
I ordered these through the Porsche dealer that I do business with. I just thought it was odd that one set was painted and the other was plated.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 10 2009, 05:23 AM) *

I ordered these through the Porsche dealer that I do business with. I just thought it was odd that one set was painted and the other was plated.

Here's a NOS label from the harness i got from the Porsche dealer.

Clearly marked in German.
shades.gif Andy

ConeDodger
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 9 2009, 03:18 PM) *

Maybe they were restickered? Are the ones on the other side in German?
914Sixer
Pictures from the otherside with Posche label.
seanery
hmm kinda consistent in their inconsistency! biggrin.gif
914Sixer
Yes, inconsistency seem to prevail. The painted ones are the left side and the plated ones are the right. The question is which is correct? Do I plate the left side ones or paint the right ones. If painted, what is the correct color?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 11 2009, 06:48 AM) *

Yes, inconsistency seem to prevail. The painted ones are the left side and the plated ones are the right. The question is which is correct? Do I plate the left side ones or paint the right ones. If painted, what is the correct color?

Fuch it Mark. Blast and plate the painted ones...
charliew
It would be my luck I couldn't get the plating to match.
Danny_Ocean
Sheesh...y'all are complaining about getting FACTORY NEW parts for a car that hasn't been manufactured in 33 years! I can't even get the correct oil filter for my '93 Acura!
hcdmueller
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 10 2009, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 10 2009, 05:23 AM) *

Here's a NOS label from the harness i got from the Porsche dealer.

Clearly marked in German.
shades.gif Andy

NOS German??? That says made in Slovakia. Crazy
SirAndy
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Apr 11 2009, 10:43 AM) *

NOS German??? That says made in Slovakia. Crazy

Yupp, outsourcing made it to Germany as well. My guess would be Slovakia is closer than India.
dry.gif Andy
hcdmueller
At least the Czechs and the Slovakians have a good record on making quality parts for a lot of things made in Europe.
davep
This has been going on for many years, so no surprise there. I'd guess the older stock is painted, thus the newest is plated. I believe the original parts were painted, and probably black.
Lou W
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 11 2009, 08:30 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 11 2009, 06:48 AM) *

Fuch it Mark. Blast and plate the painted ones...

I'd return them for a refund..............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.