Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Added a roll bar and...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachment

We finished up first in POC short track series (CI) in 2008, so for 2009 we added a simple 4 point roll bar for Time Trial series. We made the unit on the Pines mandrel bender, and made some custom bends so we can get in and out real easy. The car really stiffened up quite a bit just from a basic 4 point bar. On the big track last year (no bar) the car ran approx 1.47's
This year the car ran 1.44's, and that's carrying an extra 50 lbs in roll bar. Matt (driver) said that the car has really stiffened up and he can drive it harder. I figure that the little 2.0 would go low 1.40's without that darn Willow Springs (front straight) headwind blowing at us during timed runs biggrin.gif
VOX
very nice! thats something i would want in my 914, a simple 4 point roll bar. any chance we could get one made for our car?
grantsfo
Nice job I really like that! I might do something similar with my Boxster.
ssstikircr
Nice roll bar... Is it a bolt in or welded in?
Maltese Falcon
The roll bar is welded in but can just as easily be bolted in. I prefer welding (over bolting) due to the thin metal of the unibody (20 ga.) which gives up after awhile.
I can proll'y sell you all of the complete bends for this, but I am not able to build/ install roll bars due to liabilities involved. Call me at the shop if you want to discuss further; 818-507-6937
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.