Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Ginetta Kit car, looks Sweet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Never heard of this before, but looks very nice, sounds like it's no easy task to make street legal though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&category=7251
ninefourteener
I'm not digging it at all.

I think it looks like a Miata....... but where someone hooked up a vaccuum to the tailpipe, and pressed the "ultra-suck" button. LOL laugh.gif

Different though.. definately different

beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
I like it! think it looks pretty sweet for a kit car... I don't think it would be any tougher than any other kit car it make legal...

I dig the "concept car" looking interior!
jimtab
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 27 2004, 12:12 PM)

I think it looks like a Miata

beerchug.gif

It's supposed to be a Ginetta roadster, they were made in the late sixtys. They were very small and light, with a small motor....BUT they were so light and agile that they routinely beat hell out of larger and more powerful cars at the track(does that remind you of another car???) If you want to see the real thing come to the Monterey Historics in Aug. there are always one or two there. Jim
ninefourteener
QUOTE(jimtab @ Feb 27 2004, 12:30 PM)

beerchug.gif

It's supposed to be a Ginetta roadster, they were made in the late sixtys. They were very small and light, with a small motor....BUT they were so light and agile that they routinely beat hell out of larger and more powerful cars at the track(does that remind you of another car???) If you want to see the real thing come to the Monterey Historics in Aug. there are always one or two there. Jim

Wow..... I stand corrected. I guess you learn something new every day... I've never seen one of these in my life.

Got the miata headlight thing goin on
Got the Opel GT bump in the hood
Got the Sheby Cobra roll bars

Hmmm

Ok.. I still won't admit to liking it...... but I'm definately going to do some searches and some reading.

Thanks! beerchug.gif
J P Stein
A friend has one & races it in vintage. It's hella quick.
IIRC, he said it weighs around 1100 lbs....eat your heart out Paul laugh.gif

Last season at Laguna (IIRC) he got into a guy running a 914.....the guy wouldn't let him past, so he tried a Banzai move into a corner & bent (broke) up some body work.....naturally, I heard all about 914 drivers laugh.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 27 2004, 12:45 PM)
he said it weighs around 1100 lbs....

Damn.... here I am bragging to all my buddies how light my car is.

I'm humbled..... someone rub me--LOL

unsure.gif

beerchug.gif
watsonrx13
Check out Wire Wheel for a 2002 Ginetta G-20. It has a 1.8l Miata engine. List $31,900, sell $27,900.
Ferg
Cool, thanks Rob, I wondered what the back end would look like.

My grandparents live in Vero Beach, I've been to that place, lots of eye candy.

Ferg
jimtab
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 27 2004, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE(jimtab @ Feb 27 2004, 12:30 PM)

beerchug.gif

Wow..... I stand corrected. I guess you learn something new every day... I've never seen one of these in my life.

Got the miata headlight thing goin on
Got the Opel GT bump in the hood
Got the Sheby Cobra roll bars

Hmmm

Ok.. I still won't admit to liking it...... but I'm definately going to do some searches and some reading.

Thanks! beerchug.gif

I think you misunderstood me, it's not a real Ginetta its a replica of a ginetta and I''m sure its not as light, but I'll bet it's a hell ofa lot more reliable than the original. My wife has a 95 Miata and it's like a refrigerator, it just does what it's supposed to do without any drama. I do think the Body kit is nice tho.... Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.