Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice on interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Need some ideas on configuring interior.
Mainly track car but fairly nice. MY thought is to add some carpeting to interior but not exactly sure how to arrange. Car does not have back pad so I was thinking of carpeting (with std material) firewall. Also longitudinals. and tunnel ..the remainder can be removed . So car can be driven and shown but not as pure track. Hopefully this is not heresy but I take my lumps if deemed so. If others have done this would you share some pics.
Thanks for whatever I get.
TOT
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the perlon carpet idea with rubber floor mats is a good one makes it look like the 914-6 gt and also gives it a finished look.
PeeGreen 914
Take up all the tar from the floor and coat the tub with Rhynoliner. Looks nice, grips well, and it is water tight.
Racer
I still have carpet in the car.. but remove mats when driving .. I also removed the back pad and replaced with Perlon. Love the look!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

ps - sorry for the sizing.
sixaddict
Thanks for the input....Racer: Did you buy a large piece for back pad area (from whom)......Is it a chore to cut correctly.
THanks again
TOT

sixaddict
Thanks George
Pulled SILVER from winter storage.....love that car ! Some days not sure why I am messing with conversons then recall the off track excursion with it ......no damage but very close ! TOT

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 10 2009, 01:05 PM) *

the perlon carpet idea with rubber floor mats is a good one makes it look like the 914-6 gt and also gives it a finished look.

Racer
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Apr 11 2009, 02:24 PM) *

Thanks for the input....Racer: Did you buy a large piece for back pad area (from whom)......Is it a chore to cut correctly.
THanks again
TOT

Got it at www.appbiz.com

Here's the link. They have other 914 stuff too...

http://www.appbiz.com/product_info.php?cPa...a7e9720a2e7ef34

It was pretty easy to install. Went to a FLAPS to get some spray glue.. a utility knife to trim it down.
J P Stein
I'm a minimalist...... tho I just put in another seat/harness.
Sitll have to add signage "bring your own barf bag."
d914
coco mats for the streets,,easy to take out,,rhino line or felt the rest,,
RON S.
I did the perlon route a couple of years ago. I like it

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.