Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went for a drive!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Finally a day nice enough! Had a little construction project finish up so Lorelei and I tackled cleaning up the garage which of course left an unobstructed lane for the teener to the outside world! Went for a little drive, ran rough at first but smoothed out real soon, what a treat to drive. Need help on the exhaust smell when decellerating, thought it was just the wind blowing it in but soon realized it doesn't matter which direction you are pointed, roof on made little difference. Any good advice much appreciated. Really like when Lorelei comes with me for a little drive but stinky exhaust coming in is a turn off for her.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
6freak
Just guess`n but i would say you have a cracked exhuast manifold ....not a good thing ....carbone monoxide piosoning
Racer
Would open heater ducts or whether its carbed or FI matter?
kevine
At one time I had the heavy exhaust smell inside my car. I re-sealed the rear window glass and the problem was solved.

kevine
scottb
went for a drive today as well. was great! not much, just getting the cramps of winter worked out, and she ran like a champ. back in the garage before the skies opened AGAIN!!!!

now a couple of beers and grilled chicken for dinner....
JRust
WE have extra family over for the weekend. I have an uncle who's been autoXing for years. He's drive fiats, Miata's, Subaru's & just about anything. Never a Porsche though. Over the years he has been at our house many times. I've never had a running 914 when he has been here though. Always somehting going on that kept me from taking him out. So finally tonight I got to take him for a spin. Let my car warm up & took grampa for a ride first. I was pretty tame with him. No real corners but let him feel some power on the hwy. He had nice smile on his face when we got back. Well seeing as how my uncle had autoXed & all. I figured he'd like something a little more spirited. He is a very spiritual guy & not one to cuss. I got a couple holy $hits out of him tonight though aktion035.gif . I went balls to the wall right out of my driveway into a nice rural road. Took some 15 mph corners at a reasonable 60 & he about wet his pants. Okay maybe a little exageration. I did pull over & let him drive us home. He had a huge smile on his face but he was very tame driving home. Overall it was a blast & I think I may have converted someone to a 914 future smilie_pokal.gif
Ian Stott
Interesting comment about the rear window seal, mine needs to be redone! Will get on that asap going to put the one from my parts car in as it has the rear defogger, also need to put in new heater hoses, can get them from the flight school maintenance guys here in Moncton. Thanks for the comments, really hoping it is not the exhaust as I spent a lot of money on that last year and only drove a couple of hundred KM before the cold weather came and forced it into the garage for the winter.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.