Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Custom License Plate for Tofu Lover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
From USA Today: laugh.gif

Colo. Woman's Tofu License Plate Judged X-rated

DENVER (AP) — One Colorado woman's love for tofu has been judged X-rated by state officials.

Kelly Coffman-Lee wanted to tell the world about her fondness for bean curd by picking certain letters for her SUV's license plate.

Her suggestion for the plate: "ILVTOFU."

But the Division of Motor Vehicles blocked her plan because they thought the combination of letters could be interpreted as profane.

Says Department of Revenue spokesman Mark Couch: "We don't allow 'FU' because some people could read that as street language for sex."

Officials meet periodically to ensure state plates stay free of letters that abbreviate gang slang, drug terms or obscene phrases.

The 38-year-old Coffman-Lee says tofu is a staple of her family's diet because they are vegan and that the DMV misinterpreted her message.

Drums66
Wow!......thats a trip av-943.gif
Sleepin
Wow! I am suprised that made national news.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 11 2009, 10:38 AM) *

Wow! I am suprised that made national news.

Well, with nothing else newsworthy going on in the world ... wacko.gif
dw914er
lol
Elliot Cannon
I saw a woman with this custom plate. See if you can figure it out.

SEEUNT
KG1500S
I spied a lady around here driving a pretty nice M-B SL convertible with plates reading "WAS HIS". I'm betting her ex might agree that SEEUNT would have been equally as appropriate.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(KG1500S @ Apr 11 2009, 02:36 PM) *

I spied a lady around here driving a pretty nice M-B SL convertible with plates reading "WAS HIS". I'm betting her ex might agree that SEEUNT would have been equally as appropriate.

agree.gif av-943.gif
jimtab
Thank goodness that the state big shots have that kind of time on their hands......what a bunch of asshats......I have a plate for 'em.......fooku
Sleepin
That was actually here in Grand Junction if I am not mistaken. We saw it on the local news the other night.

I would love to have that plate! (I would have to get a plate frame that said "beef, it's whats for dinner"

biggrin.gif
jonferns
av-943.gif
Dr Evil
A vegan driving and SUV? I would have expected a Prius.
ws91420
I saw a plate that got past the DMV here in VA. It was a college edition plate for UVA has a big orange V on the plate and after the V read AGINA. They just looked at the letters out of context.
JRust
Guy that used to work for me had CLYMAX as his plate. WAs his last name but DMV gave him the plate years ago. Everytime it comes up for renewal they try to take it back. Funny as hell seeing this 72 year old drive his caddy aorund with that plate av-943.gif
carr914
QUOTE(KG1500S @ Apr 11 2009, 05:36 PM) *

I have a friend with Two 912s. One has a plate "NOT HERS" and the other one "WAS HERS"

T.C.
RJMII

Says Department of Revenue spokesman Mark Couch: "We don't allow 'FU' because some people could read that as street language for sex."

Officials meet periodically to ensure state plates stay free of letters that abbreviate gang slang, drug terms or obscene phrases.

The 38-year-old Coffman-Lee says tofu is a staple of her family's diet because they are vegan and that the DMV misinterpreted her message.

She don't eat the meat, but she sure likes the bone...

They should have let her have it. =o) Then she could have figured it out on her own. lol
Sparky
I've been trying for years here in Mass to get: TI 3VOM

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.