Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 project , Engine advise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
techsol
Was in process of what to do about an engine set up on a 914 project.

The engine in the car is a 2.0 that was all machined and set up from FAT, about 12 years ago. The car sat in a garage for 9 years since the owner was setting it up for autocross and his job started bouncing him around. Story short he started it before he started bouncing, had no oil pressure shut it down and garaged it at his dad's.

Fast forward 10 years......

I picked up the car for a project with all the receipts and the story starts.

Well its the next project in the garage and I'm getting ready to pop the drive line and get her back running.

Problem is, I came by a Mark Stephens engine set up that is a 2.6 or 2.8 set of parts from a screw up from his shop. He built this motor and left out the the dowel pin on the mains. Guy that had this stuff has the stroker crank, big bore cylinders and pistons, relieved case with upgraded hardware, flywheel and some other stuff. All new and wrapped up, I just bought the parts. He was installing the engine, went round and round with Stephens according to the story and decided to go with an FAT motor after getting the replacement parts from the Stephens motor for his customer.

No heads or cam.

I've been searching over a lot of forums looking for a set up that would be sweet. It's going to be a streeter for my fun and figured a nicer deal that a Chevy or subie deal.

I'd like to retro a megasquirt EFI on to it but am looking for advise on heads, or head work spec's, and a cam grind for this project. Probably post and polish according to the old Building HiPo VW book.

Would be great to get some inputs on recommended cam and head updates for this Type 4

Was originally looking at the Rabe Kits before these parts fell into my lap.

Thanks for the ear!
messix
please reread your post and edit. it's hard to understand and follow your question.
messix
so the engine that had no oil pressure was the fat motor or the mark stevens motor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.