Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 to 2.0 engine swap issue's. Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ric birks
Just finished installing the 2.0 in my 74 that had a great running 1.8 Went to start it up and it would just turn over. Somehow I have lost my power to my fuel pump. I put direct power to the fuel pump and the car starts and runs. Where did I lose my fuel pumps power? Any help would be very welcomed. Thanks, Ric.
euro911
Ric - check your relays and the 25 Amp fuse [91] on the relay board in the engine compartment, driver's side.

The 'Power Supply' [74] and 'Fuel Pump' [75] relays both need to be activated when the ignition switch is in the 'ON' position. The Fuel Pump relay won't operate if the Power Supply relay is not operating.
swl
I'm a d-jet guy but if memory serves me correctly the L-Jet fuel pump runs off the dual relays over by the battery. On the D-Jet it runs off the main relay board. How much of the D-Jet have you installed with the swap? Which relay board are you using? Seems to me that if you do that engine swap your are going to have to add some wiring to bring the fuel pump back to the main relay board. It would take some time with the wiring diagrams to sort out just what the mods would be.
Cevan
I just did what you are doing (1.8 to 2.0 swap, L-Jet to D-Jet). I used the existing relay board, but you need to install two round relays in the board in the second and third positions, per the above diagram. Those are empty with the L-Jet.
ric birks
QUOTE(Cevan @ Apr 12 2009, 09:09 AM) *

I just did what you are doing (1.8 to 2.0 swap, L-Jet to D-Jet). I used the existing relay board, but you need to install two round relays in the board in the second and third positions, per the above diagram. Those are empty with the L-Jet.

Thanks for the great info. Turns out I had a bad fuel pump relay. I changed it and it worked! Now I just have to deal with the leaking exhaust manifold. That will hopefully go easy. Right!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.