Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finding 15" tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dkjens
My tires on my Ronal Racing wheels are old and cracks are showing in the sidewalls, they are not sometihng I will do more than tooling around town in, and that's probably not even a good idea. They are about 26" and 23-24" tall. The only new tires I find are like 255/60x15 and are over $100 per tire and not very performance looking. I'm seriously considering taking exact measurements of especially my rear tires, since I have about a hair's clearance to my fender, and try to obtain some barely used race slicks from evilbay. I would need to talk to somebody there though, to make sure I don't get tires for the rear that are to wide. Then save up some money and get some 17-20" rims and tires for the car.

But first, does anybody have connections to tires in the size I need, street or track.

My car is not a daily driver but will be a morning Angeles Crest Highway (2) runner etc.
Bruce Hinds
They are about 26" and 23-24" tall. The only new tires I find are like 255/60x15 and are over $100 per tire and not very performance looking.

Not sure I get that part and I'm not familar with the Rondial wheels. If you're trying to fit a non flared car, you can run 205/60 x 15 all the way around and they are made by many manufactures. I run 15x7 phone dials on the rear with 215x60x15 with rolled lips, you can you can by those from www.tirerack.com for $68(goodyear eagle GT)-110 depending on what you want.

There are lots available

B
pete-stevers
The 15 inch tire question....
popcorn[1].gif
carr914
225/50/15 are still around with good manufactorers/styles. The 265s - Good Luck

T.C.
dkjens
My wheels are 8" x 15" front and 10" x 15" rear, and I have some fiberglass GT flares on the car. The front tires could be slightly larger, but the rear JUST fit withing the flares.
If I end up going with slicks and they are bigger, I can modify the flares to not cover any part of the tire, it is a beater after all.
RJMII
Cooper Cobra tires come in 265-50-15...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.